X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the lady that rearended me

I don't know whats worse:

That you claimed to the police I came out out of nowhere so it wasn't your fault even though I was stopped for about a minuet when you hit me.

That you claimed you didn't see the brake lights so that it wasn't your fault.

That you work for a local driving school and hit me in one of their cars.

Or that you have hit enough people that the body shop that did estimates on the car knew you by name by the pics I took of the accident.

I'm so happy that you are able to post about it. Not being snarky or anything, but she could have put you in the hospital.

I hope she at least was covered by insurance.

I was once hit by someone while I was innocently stopped at a red light. Like you, it was all my fault, she didn't see me, the light had just turned red and she didn't expect anyone to stop, no brake lights and I forget what else.

She didn't have insurance, or a driver's license. It wasn't her fault because she couldn't get insurance after her driver's license was taken away due to driving after having a few shots of booze. Several times.

Both of our cars got towed. Mine went to the shop for repair (I had insurance), hers went to the impound lot and I'm not sure what happened to it after that.

Comment

I was very happy that I was able to walk away from it.
      Yes she was insured
      I was even happier that my friends 7 year old who was in the backseat was OK.
      She had a panic attack when I went to leave her moms house because she didn't want to go to school after that and she was convinced I would get in another accident on my way home.

Comment

She should be fired!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          She should be fired!
          Maybe she's their poster child for how NOT to drive?
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

See this lady? Don't do what she does, and you're good.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Glad you and the kid are ok. And that this fool has insurance. I've got stories about those who didn't...

This should definitely be professional Darwinism.

I'm hoping she got charged and has to go to court?

Comment

It's possible that this is a Very Early sign of dementia. My mother did the same thing. Rammed her small sporty car into the back of a stopped SUV, and tried to claim that a) the brakes failed (nope), b) she hit an oil slick (nope), and c) she didn't see them (duh). A few years later, she was getting lost on known route with good direction. A few years after that, dementia became obvious and I took away her car keys.

Comment

Glad everyone came out OK ^_^
                  Quoth tigger222 View Post
                  you have hit enough people that the body shop that did estimates on the car knew you by name by the pics I took of the accident.
                  Might wanna ask the estimators to inform the driving school head mucky-mucks about this (maybe bring pics and documentation, as I suspect the managers/owners don't KNOW about all of them). Someone who not only gets into accidents (none of them EVER her fault, of course!), but who gets into so many consistent ones -- meaning, the same mistakes are being made -- has no place teaching other people how to drive.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Glad to hear that no one was hurt.

I would be tempted to sue the driving school. Putting a reckless driver behind the wheel. What are they thinking?
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Glad everyone came out OK ^_^

Might wanna ask the estimators to inform the driving school head mucky-mucks about this (maybe bring pics and documentation, as I suspect the managers/owners don't KNOW about all of them). Someone who not only gets into accidents (none of them EVER her fault, of course!), but who gets into so many consistent ones -- meaning, the same mistakes are being made -- has no place teaching other people how to drive.
                      not to mention it's bad advertising for them.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                        I'm so happy that you are able to post about it. Not being snarky or anything, but she could have put you in the hospital.
                        Yep, been there, done that...got the crappy T shirt.

Many of you know that I was rear-ended back in 1994. My engine blew up, and as I was about to exit the stricken car, some dipshit in an SUV hit me. He rammed me hard enough, to punt the car off the road, missing a telephone pole by about a foot. My face hit the steering wheel, permanently screwing up my jaw. I was fine until the elevated feelings of "I'm going to strangle this asshole" wore off, and I was in pain. Rather than risking a concussion or back problems, I left the scene via an ambulance. Luckily, nothing was serious. But, even with painkillers, it hurt like hell, and I stayed home from school 2 days. I got *very* lucky, folks.

Anyway, document everything--photos, police reports, possible statements from the body shop, any witness statements--all of which will come in helpful later.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Yep, been there, done that...got the crappy T shirt.
                          Unfortunate part of the club myself. Short version; November 1989, going home from work, stopped at a light, and got rear-ended by a drunk driver @ 60-70 MPH. Had a brain injury that affects my memory, and back issues.

Doesn't improve with age, I'm going through pain because I needed to clear out 2 computer labs before my vacation week.

Comment

Working...
                          X