This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nauseating" moment at the dentist's office

Last week I was waiting for my 13 year old to get her tooth filled when this woman with a young boy and girl come in. Mother goes in the back and leaves the kids in the waiting room. They seem pretty normal........until the girl goes next to the entrance door and spills her guts all over the carpet and herself!

So the mother has to take her to the bathroom to clean her up and the dentist comes out with a stack of paper towels to clean it up. Very gross. But I think I can give her a pass on it since she couldn't help it, unlike people that, ahem, trim their nails in public!

Well, yes, I guess you can't help if you need to throw up.
    Of course it is indeed nauseating for all the people present, but at least the mother took care of the issue as expected from a parent - hopefully also apologising...
    Not really sucky on any side, really, but I can see how it fits here.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Probably sucky for the lil girl; being sick is sooo not a nice experience, plus it was in public so there's the embarassement factor involved!!
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Really, it doesn't matter whether the kid meant to or not. It's not like you can say "hm, that mass of putrid vomit is much less disgusting because it wasn't deliberate."

I don't buy that excuse. Sounds are loud and annoying regardless of whether the maker of them means to be that way. Same with bad smells and sights.

Comment

Quoth Crime Scene Scarf View Post
          Really, it doesn't matter whether the kid meant to or not. It's not like you can say "hm, that mass of putrid vomit is much less disgusting because it wasn't deliberate."

I don't buy that excuse. Sounds are loud and annoying regardless of whether the maker of them means to be that way. Same with bad smells and sights.
          Well, it make a difference in how I react to the incident. If it is clear that it was an accident, I think "Poor kid" and try to show that I feel bad for them. If a kid go on the floor on purpose or come out of the toilet to throw up on the doormat, I'll be very much ruder.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
            Well, it make a difference in how I react to the incident. If it is clear that it was an accident, I think "Poor kid" and try to show that I feel bad for them. If a kid go on the floor on purpose or come out of the toilet to throw up on the doormat, I'll be very much ruder.
            Ah, fair enough. With these things, my reaction is always the same - get the hell out of there, if at all possible, before Junior offers an encore!

Comment

Quoth Crime Scene Scarf View Post
              Ah, fair enough. With these things, my reaction is always the same - get the hell out of there, if at all possible, before Junior offers an encore!
              Sorry me too...whether it's an accident or not I want no part of it.......grosses me out waaaaaaaaaaay too much.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
              X