Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really? You don't know where she gets it from??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? You don't know where she gets it from??

I forgot to post this in my last thread.

After completing my shopping, I went for the bus home. I was standing at the bus stop, when a taxi pulled up and parked. A little girl, probably around 4 years old runs up to it. She turns around to face her mother, who is struggling to catch up.

LG: Mummy! Mummy! The taxi is here! The fucking taxi is here! Quick!
    M: Grace! What have I told you about using language like that?! You are in so much trouble! Really! I don't know where you get that from!

The mother opened the passenger door and leaned in.

M: Is this taxi for *random town*?
    Taxi: No, sorry, I am waiting for someone else.
    M: OK.

She slammed the door and turned to her daughter.

M: That isn't our fucking taxi! You stupid little bitch! You made me hurry for nothing!

So you don't know where she gets it from?

Well, of course she doesn't know. Daughter's supposed to do as mom says, not as mom does!
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Reminds me of my neighbor's kid in our old neighborhood. He was five, and had a rather colorful vocabulary. His dad was a sailor, so really not that surprising that the kid would pick it up.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

That poor kid. Having a parent who says "Oh fuck" is one thing. Being called a "fucking bitch" on a regular basis is a whole other mess.

Comment

A friend of mine got called into school when her and her partner were trying to sort out whether they were going to stay together or not.

Her five year old girl had called another girl in class "a fucking bitch" and had been reprimanded. The school was pretty ok about this as they do have this happen quite often. Until they asked where she had heard the phrase and the lovely little girl said "Its what Daddy called Mummy last night in the kitchen".

Friend was suitably embarrassed.
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            Reminds me of my neighbor's kid in our old neighborhood. He was five, and had a rather colorful vocabulary. His dad was a sailor, so really not that surprising that the kid would pick it up.
            C'mon now, let's not stereotype

My husband was over 20 years in the Navy, and I promise you, our daughter never picked up bad language from him.

Though I must admit, when he'd come home after a six month cruise, it did take a couple of weeks for him to stop biting his tongue as he adjusted to "home language" instead of "ship language"

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
              C'mon now, let's not stereotype
              But in this case, the guy was a walking stereotype. He "swore like a sailor" and also "drank like a sailor". Nice guy, just had a dirty mouth and the ability to drink pretty much anyone under the table.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                Nothing to do with being a sailor. I was a sailor. I dont swear and neither did a lot of us. on the other hand, my dad, who's never been a sailor, swore a ton. so much so that my baby brother's first word was 'motherfucker'. Dad didn't do as much swearing after that. (us 5 girls weren't affected by his vocabulary as we had only had him as Dad for a bit over a year.)

Comment

reminds me of what one guy told me.

Guy: *swears*
                  Guy's Dad: Watch your *GD* language!
                  Guy:

and no not all sailors swear - (and there are some who don't tolerate taking God's name in vain)
                  but.. well i'm a former sailor with a potty mouth.
                  i just know better than to say anything around my nephews. the youngest especially would pick it up.

Comment

Reminds me of a Simpson's episode, where Bart used a swear word and Homer said "do you think you could stop swearing, son?"

Bart: Hell, yeah!

Homer: That's my boy!

Seriously, that woman sounds like my neighbor. She calls her daughter motherf--er. Yeah, she's a piece of work.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When my SO was in the second grade or so he got in trouble for saying a bad word in class. When his dad got the note he tore into the boy. "Where did you learn that &@!@& language? You *@#@*!!" This went on for a couple minutes. When he could finally get a word in edgewise, he looked up and said, "From you, Daddy."
                      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

As kids we'd tell our dad to "stop cussing". He'd say he wasn't. Something about bad words isn't actually cussing unless you take the Lord's name in vain.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          Seriously, that woman sounds like my neighbor. She calls her daughter motherf--er. Yeah, she's a piece of work.
                          Okay, the dirty-old-man side of my mind took this and asked "Well, who would know if she's a motherfucker better than her own mother? Hmm...kinky, to say the least..."

But then again, my inner "dirty old man" sometimes doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut!
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

This is reminding me of my nephew a little... He's one and a half. Already, he has figured out how to say "why a whore," "fuck," and "oh shit," I think. And I believe he's working on "bitch."

He's only one and a half!

He can also say "No"," "doggie," and "shut up."
                            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

She calls her daughter motherf--er.
                              exactly which mother is that daughter suppose to be having sex with then?

that's just fucked up.

Comment

Working...
                              X