Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really? You don't know where she gets it from??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MadMike View Post
    Then he told me, "You say it in the car!"
    This one happened to my folks....

its Game night; Older brother is giving younger brother (about 2yrs) his bath before bed.....

"stupid bitch!"
    "stupid bitch!"

Cue mom's embarrassment - and she excuses herself to go see what the matter is....
    "where did you learn that language?"

"Daddy!"

"No, Daddy doesn't talk that way"

"yeah huh! In the car!"

"MR. Lawgiver*!"

*not his real name

my first swear word was apparently "Damn" - i had one of those wooden blocks, with the plastic shapes that you hammered from one side to the other (i was maybe 2) and i'd hammer the shapes going damndamndamndamndamndamn

to this day when something isn't going right its "damn! damn-damn-damn! damn damn double damn!"

for my "sister" its: fuck-fuck-fuckitdy-fuck-fuck-fuck!
    Last edited by MadMike; 12-27-2010, 09:04 PM. Reason: No need to quote the entire post
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I also wonder why people get so hung up on words.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

We've always said that when we have kids they are going to need soundproof earmuffs for the car since hubbys language gets colourful whilst driving.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

My parents rarely got colourful, but my brother did pick stuff up. He was a toddler strapped into a carseat when some other driver cut us off and my dad said "Stupid turkey!" Up pipes my brother from the back seat: "toopid turkey!" I think dad was even better at not swearing after that.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
            My parents rarely got colourful, but my brother did pick stuff up. He was a toddler strapped into a carseat when some other driver cut us off and my dad said "Stupid turkey!" Up pipes my brother from the back seat: "toopid turkey!" I think dad was even better at not swearing after that.
            Hubby and I don't swear, at all (no, really), but we've still been coaching Daughter on using "nice" language. She will regularly correct both us and other people, even characters in the videos she watches, that "we don't say 'stupid'!"
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

My oldest niece, when still a toddler, attempted to say "clock"...and couldn't manage the "l".

At the top of her lungs.

Repeatedly.

In public.

My sister was beyond mortified.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X