Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two stories here - one older, one recent.

A couple years ago a few days before Christmas, I was headed to the local mall, and came across one of the most bizarre scenes in the parking lot. Turns out that two spots (opposite each other) were vacated at the same time. Cue 2 new vehicles pulling in, except one of the vehicles was being driven by an old woman who wanted to park so she could simply pull OUT, instead of backing up. Kind of hard to do though, when there's another car pulling into the opposite spot. However she was "faster" and managed to get the nose of her car pulled a couple feet into the opposite spot, and was refusing to back up so that the guy pulling in could park properly. HE wasn't about to back up to let the old biddy take his spot, especially since it would be near impossible for him to nip around behind her and take her spot as there were other vehicles going down that aisle. So he puts his car in park, puts his feet up on the dash, and just leans back and waits while the woman leans on her horn and starts yelling and screaming through her window that she wants his spot. I don't know how it ended, but when I left, HIS car was parked properly, and I saw no sign of the woman's vehicle. I think she might have been related to my fiance's ex MIL - she can not back her car up. She will NOT park anywhere that she can not simply pull out of, and has been known to drive to a mall or supermarket and leave because she couldn't find a spot to park that didn't require backing out of afterwards.

Sighting 2 - The Wallyworld near me has parking right opposite the doors, and those were coveted spots, about 12. This summer, they ALL went handicap parking only, and not only that, so did the first 3 spots at the end of each aisle closest to the store, meaning a total of
    20 handicap spots where there originally were only 3. To make matters worse, the next 2 spots in the aisles down from the 3 handicap spots were "expectant mothers/babies" parking only - so that means the first five stalls in each aisle (both sides) were unavailable to other well-bodied people. It doesn't bother me a bit, as I tend to park at the far end of the lot anyway, but OMG the screaming and complaining went on for MONTHS by the EW's who demanded the managers tell them just WHY they could no longer park in the spots "They had been parking in for the last 10 years! Its a conspiracy!! I'm going to call the cops/call the newspaper/call my lawyer & sue your pants off!!!!!ELEVENTY111!!"
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
      Turns out that two spots (opposite each other) were vacated at the same time. Cue 2 new vehicles pulling in, except one of the vehicles was being driven by an old woman who wanted to park so she could simply pull OUT, instead of backing up. Kind of hard to do though, when there's another car pulling into the opposite spot. However she was "faster" and managed to get the nose of her car pulled a couple feet into the opposite spot, and was refusing to back up so that the guy pulling in could park properly.
      I had something similar happen to me in a local parking lot. As I pulled into one of the spots, two women on the other side had pulled in and were starting to pull into my spot. I signalled with my hand for them to back up, which they did. We all went into the store separately. The first time I passed them in an aisle, I heard one whisper to the other, "Be nice now." I gave them a smile and kept shopping.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It's official. When people get to a stupormarket's neighborhood block, they lose all abilities for reaction that does not involve yelling.

The cart pushers have almost been hit, repeatedly. I know this because I did it for three years, and I still have to go out there and do it far too often for my blood pressure pills to tolerate. The drivers just don't care, believing that employees of the Little shop of horrors are, in fact, nothing but valid targets.

Car people are horrible, and so entitled. I don't have a car anymore, and I've never driven more than one time in my life, so I don't understand why getting behind the wheel of a car makes everyone feel like their invincible, and immune to both common courtesy and the law. But it does. And the squabbling over parking spaces. Yesterday, I saw a woman who had decided, since she couldn't have a handicapped space, she would park in the yellow stripes between the parking spaces. This is not allowed, but she had been there for over twenty minutes before I reported her to our night security guard.

Even my brother will drive around for up to fifteen minutes hunting the perfect spot when anywhere will do. Talk about a waste of gasoline. Me, I just walk the rather distant trek to the bus stop.

And inside, people do, in fact, freeze in the middle of the ilse and refuse to move. They appear to be catatonic. Only the stimulation of me beginning to mop breaks them of this stupor, and they immediately attempt to travel through what I'm mopping. They are actually planning on buying something, but are distracted by a 'deal'. Hint: If it's cheap, it's bad. Trust me. But they don't seem to get this. Or they're distracted because 'it's out' and they're quite mad about it. This type will interrupt my cleaning to expect me to care about helping them find it, which I don't. I would rather help them find the exit, and throw them out with a considerable amount of physical force, just to get out of my way so I can undo the mess their mere presence automatically appears to cause on my innocent floors and shelves.

They are also known for stopping at the shopping trolley bays, and standing there. This is good because it prevents other consumers from taking trolleys, making it easier on the cart boys. But it's bad because they and their friends, or they and their cell phones, will merely stand there for up to twenty minutes chatting away mindlessly and ignoring all suggestion that they move or use a telephone at home.

In case you haven't noticed, I think I hate consumers.
        Last edited by Kristev; 01-05-2011, 07:36 AM.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I hate it when people do that. They stand in the middle of the walkway to either bullshit with friends on the phone or stare at something on the shelf. Then they have the nerve to get all pissy and pull a catbutt face on you when you skirt around them...I mean seriously.
          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
          X