This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    I never got into Nascrap, simply because I think that watching nearly identical cars going around in a circle 500 times is a bit boring.
    NASCAR = Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      NASCAR = Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.
      Quoted for truth. My personal opinion only.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        I never got into Nascrap, simply because I think that watching nearly identical cars going around in a circle 500 times is a bit boring.
        You have to realize that all those NASCAR fans are waiting for the flaming wrecks the sometimes happen. To quote an old cartoon, "The Good Ole Boy 500 was marred by a lack of tragedy today."
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          You have to realize that all those NASCAR fans are waiting for the flaming wrecks the sometimes happen.
          Not all. I used to watch it a bit, and enjoyed the driving skill and mechanical skill of the crew. Then they started putting in all the restrictions and leveled the technical know-how field advantage, which took out most of what I was watching it for. Flaming wrecks are only good watching when they happen to perps at the end of police chases.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Football as a religion. Oh, god, the flashbacks.

I lived on the southwest edge of Lincoln Nebraska for about three years. The UNL stadium is on the northwest edge.

Although neither I nor Clueless followed the Huskers, we kept a game-calendar on the fridge. So we knew which weekends were home games. So we knew which weekends to get our groceries on Friday night and spend the rest of the weekend hunkered down at home.

It was as much as your life was worth to go into town, especially downtown, on home-game days.

I loved Lincoln, but Husker fans are crazy.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Not all. I used to watch it a bit, and enjoyed the driving skill and mechanical skill of the crew. Then they started putting in all the restrictions and leveled the technical know-how field advantage, which took out most of what I was watching it for. Flaming wrecks are only good watching when they happen to perps at the end of police chases.
              And NASCAR seems to want these flaming wrecks to happen. Particularly at the end of races.

This will only get somebody, fan or driver, killed.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X