This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell?

I decided to try a new restaurant that's been getting rave reviews. I went there for lunch, when they have a lunch special. The place was mostly empty, with just two other customers in the room (though there's more seating downstairs, and I don't know how many people were down there).

One of the guys there, who identified himself as the owner, sat down and started talking to me. Now, I don't mind that at all. I was interested to know more about the restaurant, and I usually like talking to people.

Then, after about ten minutes (if that) of conversation, he starts telling me how he can give me a massage, and I can give him one, and what was I doing later? He could come over after ten p.m.

Uh, no. Not to MY place, you can't. And who the fuck thinks this sort of behavior is acceptable? I changed the subject; he changed it back. Finally, I left. I should have just told him in a freezing tone that I wasn't interested, and that this was inappropriate behavior, but I was caught off-guard. I just paid and left.

The food was outstanding, but I won't go there alone again. Maybe with a female friend, and pretend that we're lesbians.

Ick. My creepometer needle is buried in the red.

He at least needs to take you to dinner and a show first.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Seriously? That is so far out of line. What a total creeper.

Comment

*head tilts* I'll be your lunch date.

Comment

You should check to see if you can find a picture of the owner, and if he's definitely that guy, write a letter to some of the reviewers. I'm sure they'd find that tidbit to be interesting. Or you could write a letter to the editor, instead.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There's a good chance he isn't. My first time clubbing I had an old creeper approach me as "the owner". On the one hand, he didn't ask for anything outside of the club. On the other hand...I wasn't going to dance with him either.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
              Maybe with a female friend, and pretend that we're lesbians.
              He'll probably just ask to watch.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Go there another time and ask to meet the owner. Dollars to donuts it's not the creeper. If it's not, tell the real owner what happened and who to watch for. If it is, ... write LOTS of reviews. Yelp, Chowhound, local sites, you name it. >

Comment

9 times out of 10. it's not the owner, did he do anything that only the owner could/would do, like go into the kitchen, give orders to staff, etc?

Comment

I'm pretty sure he was the owner. It's an Indian restaurant, and he's from India. The way he interacted with the staff reinforces this belief.

I don't know - is this the sort of behavior one finds in India, and that's why he's doing it? Either way, I'M NOT INTERESTED.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                      I don't know - is this the sort of behavior one finds in India, and that's why he's doing it? Either way, I'M NOT INTERESTED.
                      It's not like you don't find that kind of behaviour here. Wherever he's from, he sure doesn't know how to keep customers. Get on Yelp.com and write him up.

Comment

Working...
                      X