Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheery working on black friday commercials..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheery working on black friday commercials..

My co-workers and I were talking about those commercials..you know the ones..MartofK, wall-hell, BigLots, Kohls..where all the salespeople and cashiers are smiling and happy and look to be sooo thrilled to be working on Thanksgiving day or Black Friday greeting everyone with cheer.

Yeah, right. lol..we were all saying that if we had to work Thanksgiving day, our greetings or smiles wouldn't be so friendly.
    I really do feel for those that have to work Thanksgiving or early black friday, I don't know how you do it. I get stressed out thinking about it and I'm lucky enough to have Friday off.

I'll admit it: I like working early in the morning Black Friday. It's crazy, the time goes by fast and you get to see just how good your team is.

But then again there are several things wrong with me. A couple years ago I was giving people high fives as they streamed past me into housewares. I'm under orders from my co-workers to do the same this year.

The way I see it, Black Friday is what you make it. If you can keep yourself in a good mood time will go by faster and the SCs won't get to you as much.

Me, I'm more happy I don't have to work overnight tonight. So I can sleep in tomorrow, stuff my face, sleep some more, and go into work fresh as a daisy.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I refuse to work anything but the early shift on Black Friday and haven't worked a Thanksgiving yet.

For Black Friday, the way I see it the earlier I can have a shift, the earlier I can get the hell out of there and then cower in my home for the rest of the day. Plus there is nothing on this planet that I need to be up at midnight and out shopping for well before the cows come home, so I don't shop on that Friday.

Last year wasn't so bad, there was nothing that made it stand out horribly. I don't hope for this year, though.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

My fiancee has to work thanksgiving. I am so very pissed at her boss right now. she was supposed to have it off. now i have to get everything done in the morning.
        A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
        Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

For the first time I close that day. (It's usually a midshift). I'm not thrilled about coming in in the middle of chaos and then having to be there until midnight.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I'll admit it: I like working early in the morning Black Friday. It's crazy, the time goes by fast and you get to see just how good your team is.
            I read this and for some reason I had a mental image of interspersing the beach scene of Saving Private Ryan with CCTV footage of shoppers swarming the doors at opening on Black Friday. No idea why.

Rapscallion

Comment

We don't have Thanksgiving or Black Friday here, but if we did, I'd probably enjoy working it. *ducks for cover*
              Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I worked Thanksgiving when I was at MartofK and while it sucked not being able to enjoy dinner at home, they did have food for us. I worked from the afternoon to closing, so there wasn't that much of a crowd, and for the last hour, it was mostly us employees getting ready for the next day. My parents saved me a plate of food, and there was plenty of leftovers as well. The store also had food for us on Black Friday, where I worked until closing, so I missed the rush at opening.

Comment

This reminds me of those Best Buy commercials I keep seeing that offer tech support for new computers even on Christmas day. I see those and the only thing I can think of is how it must suck for those employees.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

when I worked at the grocery store, Thanksgiving wasn't too bad. We closed early enough in the afternoon that I could do dinner. The store wasn't too busy. the night before thanksgiving sucked balls though.

Comment

I never really minded working Black Friday so long as I got Thanksgiving off, which usually happened. I think it helps that, like IPF has said, the craziness of BF morning makes the time go faster, and Wally World (or the one I worked at, at least) was considerate of the employees who had to be there and got us a bunch of nice buffet food for whenever we went on breaks. They also opened the front of the Sam's Choice soda machine so we could pull cans out at our liesure for free, rather than paying for our drinks that day. It was like a drink fridge. Not to mention one of the highest-up managers in the store went around the front end with water bottles for the cashiers who were busy ringing up merchandise as fast as they could and couldn't get a drinking fountain break. Pretty awesome day when you ignore the small percentage of sucky customers and the fact that it was still a work day.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                      X