This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supervisor's got a spine

She was on this call just as I was clocking in today. From what I was told, there was a guest who stayed with the hotel that had a group of 15 non-guests come into the lobby to wait for guest to come down. While waiting, they'd grab some coffee, eggs, waffles, and juice.

So how does supervisor handle this? Slaps each person with a $5/day charge for each non-guest eating our breakfast. She said there were about 15 non-guests over a few days.

She got a phone call today asking why these people were charged. She explained the above and that the non-guests were literally crippling our monthly budget for breakfast and it wasn't fair that the hotel had to have that burdain. Caller actually seemed very understanding of that.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Why in the world did any of them think this was ok? Do they just walk into a buffet, eat, and not pay?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

5 bucks a head for breakfast? Hey, sign me up!

Kudos to the supervisor on the spine, though.
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Typical, guess they figured if their buddy was a guest, they were entitled to food. Hope the Supervisor didn't get in trouble.

By the way, how did she make them pay up?
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          Typical, guess they figured if their buddy was a guest, they were entitled to food. Hope the Supervisor didn't get in trouble.

By the way, how did she make them pay up?
          Good question. I didn't ask her. I assume either hitting the company's CC we had on file or charge it through their direct bill account.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
          X