This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defrost it for MEEEEEE!!!!!!

I went to fill up Klaus the car last night. The petrol station was rammed with people, probably something to do with the insanely high snowfall in England at the moment. My home town has been pretty much ok, but that could all change...

Anyway, as I stood in queue to pay for my fuel, a woman strode to the front of the line. Strike 1.

C: Cashier
    EW: duh

EW: Why are there cones in front of the carwash?
    C: Um, because the carwash is closed. It's frozen.
    EW: What? Why?
    C: Because it's several degrees below freezing. several waiting customers giggle
    EW: But I need my car cleaned.
    C: Well it hasn't been usable for a couple of days now...
    EW: ...
    C: I have to serve these people. Next please.
    EW: Wait, I need my car cleaned.
    C: The jet wash is still working.
    EW: I can't use those.
    C: Well that's all I can suggest.
    EW: Can't you defrost it?
    C: Um... no. a bloke at the back of the line says 'I'll lend you a hairdryer!'
    EW: But... I need my car cleaned.
    C: Then use the jetwash. Please step out of the line, I need to serve these people.
    EW: Buuuh, I need my car cleaned!!!!

Eventually she wandered off. What got me, was why the hell she would want her car cleaned, when the moment she drove off the water would freeze and she'd be driving a popsicle...
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

I have to say that the amount of grit (rightfully) spread on the British roads at the moment can indeed cause damage to some mechanical parts (the exhaust pipe above all), but of course this risk is preferrable to a near certainty of ending up hugging the nearest tree while still in your vehicle.
    I *will* wash my car. As soon as the temperature goes above freezing for a couple of days on end (which will probably happen at some point in March, but that's not the point).
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Who washes their car in freezing weather? Then she'd want you to scrape off the ice on her car...lol.

Comment

If we could just persuade her that the correct cleaning method is to lick her car...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          Who washes their car in freezing weather?

A lot more people then you think.

When I worked at the 'Lounge, we had a car wash. The two(?) winters I worked there, I spent a LOT of time outside trying to beat the ice off the doors so people could wash their cars in the cold.

Every once in a while, we'd close it down (-5º temps, anyone?), and the DM would roar in or call demanding to know why we had it shut down. He'd tell us to reopen it. The sad thing is, he used to be the manager of that particular gas station, so he knew what we were dealing with.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

As soon as she gets frozen out of her car, she will be back wanting you to unfreeze the door locks be cause of the water from the carwash.
            Last edited by pitmonkey; 12-02-2010, 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling
            "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
              As soon as she gets frozen out of her car, she will be back wanting you to unfreeze the door locks be cause of the water from the carwash.
              Funnier if she gets frozen *IN* to her car.
              Coworker: Distro of choice?
              Me: Gentoo.
              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

I'll drive into town during a bad winter,my car'll be covered in mud & ice & inevitably someone'll say "Why don't you wash your car?"

"Because it'll look the same by the time I get home!!!"
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

The guy who mouthed off 'I'll lend you a hairdryer!' when she asked about defrosting the car wash just made that story all the more hilarious. XD
                  My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Gives "Defrosting the Ice Queen" a new meaning, doesn't it?
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                    X