This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A PSA from your friendly neighborhood fat man

When you find yourself in a public locker room returning to your locker from the shower or pool, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE, dry yourself off at least enough that you aren't dripping massive amounts of water all the way through the locker room. Your mama/wife/babymama/domestic partner wouldn't put up with that at home, so why do it in public?

Seriously, there is frequently a good half inch of standing water in the mens locker room at my gym covering the entire area in front of the showers and the hallway from the pool, past the steam and dry saunas, and quite often all the way out into the locker area. This isn't necessarily a lack of maintenance attention either, the locker rooms are cleaned hourly. I've watched numerous people just get out of the shower or come in from the pool, having not even taken a towel with them, and walk dripping wet back to their locker.

I'm 6'1" and a hair over 420 lbs currently. My center of gravity is rather high and not exactly centered over my legs. Bare feet and wet ceramic tile make for a slippery situation, and I frequently find myself needing to hold on to walls, towel hooks, etc for fear of falling.

If you didn't bring a towel, the giant bin has some you can borrow. Use it. It takes all of thirty seconds.
    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
    My MySpace
    My LiveJournal

Not to mention when we 'big guys' go down..it takes a lot to get back up. While I have a pretty good center of gravity, I'm known to be kinda clumsy
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Hell, I'm tiny and I also have a problem with that! My balance is good, but not good enough to stand up to that much water on a floor that turns slippery at the slightest sign of moisture.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I feel your pain - quite literally, after my latest visit to the sauna (I quit) ended in the about 305lb of me falling on my a**e because of the exact situation you described...
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

I have fallen because of incidents like you described. Its not funny because when I go down, it takes a bit for me to get back up.

Comment

Same thing happens at the gym I go to. And because of the way I have to time things, I am either coming or going in between water aerobic sessions, and these women have no fracking clue on locker room etiquette. I am more than positive that these bitties don't do that at home.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I get so fed up of wet socks though people who can't read the "dry before passing this point" signs, that if I go to use the tanner while getting dressed I pad back to the locker room with my socks & a towel in my hand
              Granted they're pretty quick at clean-up at my gym, but even so they can't have a person with a squeegee stood there all day at the ready!
              Last edited by Cazzi; 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

You know, a wet towel makes a great bull/cow-whip...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

yes it does. i wouldn't just be worried about the slipping and falling issue, either, but pools of nasty water...oO
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I'm as anti-exhibitionist as they come, but sometimes I get conflicted with those values when I nearly go face first into a stall door or toilet because someone got out of the pool dripping wet and made off into the bathroom to change. I suppose it is common sense to look for a wet floor in a locker-room, but I can't fathom why some women at the gym just can't at least do a decent rub down with a towel before soaking the entire floor to change in the bathroom stall.

Yes, conflicted I am. I hate watching naked women stand around in all their naked glory having looong conversations without progressively drying or dressing, but I also hate the ones who want to privately dress in a stall, but refuse to even towel dry and just drippingly wet run into a stall.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Even when you're not bigger it's a real hazard. I'm excessively tiny, like 5' and 95lbs so when I fall I don't fall on anything but skin and bone and lemme tell ya, having a bruised bone is possibly the most unhilarious thing that's happened to me. I've never broken anything yet because I don't have very far to fall when I do go down but I've had to get some x-rays.

When I go into the ladies room in the dorms at my university I wear special shower flip flops so I don't slip on the tiles. Never fallen in that bathroom once!

Comment

Last time I fell it took a hoist and a team a mules to get me back on my feet.
                        +1 to whomever knows the movie reference.

I'm also a big guy and I have to have something to push on to get up. I fell in the yard Tuesday and by the time I got up I was covered in mud. I had to take another shower. Even my underwear was muddy from the soak thru.
                        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                        X