This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *facepalm*

So a few weeks ago, my husband and I were up in Austin visiting some friends. We spent the night with them and left the following morning and stopped at an IHOP on the way home. We'd been to this IHOP once or twice before on our way to and from our friends' house and it's decent.

Well, the server asked us if we wanted to sign up for the "Pancake Revolution" -- basically their mailing list. We'll get free pancakes on our birthday and around the time we sign up, blah blah blah. Sure, we're on the mailing lists of a bunch of other restaurants, might as well join this one too. So we fill out the cards, hand them in, eat our breakfast and go on our merry way.

Well, last Wednesday we both received our coupons for our first free meals (for joining their mailing list) via email. We notice in the fine print that the coupons are ONLY valid at the IHOP restaurant we signed up at, which is up in Austin, and we live in San Antonio. What the hell, I thought. I was annoyed because no where when we signed up did it state this and the server who asked us to join didn't say anything about it either. The coupons don't expire until sometime in the middle of January, and we actually are planning on going back up to Austin over New Year's weekend so we could potentially use them then. But I didn't want our primary IHOP location to be in Austin when there's one really close to us in San Antonio.

So I went on their website, found their feedback form, and emailed them our dilemma, asking if they could change our location to one in San Antonio. This was Thursday, Thanksgiving, so I didn't expect any response till this week (despite the fact that IHOP restaurants were open over the holidays, I'm sure the corporate monkeys weren't working.)

Well, I got a response early this morning stating that they would change my location and send me another coupon, which I also got. Except 1) the expiration date has been shortened by over a month, it now expires in less than two weeks and 2) the location I need to use the coupon at is now somewhere in Maryland.

Wait, MARYLAND? What the hell? I had our address, including city state and zip, entered int the feedback form I filled out, and I mentioned it again in the actual body of the email. San Antonio. Texas. And yet, I get...Maryland.

At this point I think I'm done with the Pancake Revolution. It made me laugh at the sheer incompetence, that's good enough. It's not like we eat at IHOP that often anyway.

lol i live in maryland...and that's kinda funny. I wonder where in maryland is closely similar in sounding to San Antonio...nope...i got nothing rofl
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
      lol i live in maryland...and that's kinda funny. I wonder where in maryland is closely similar in sounding to San Antonio...nope...i got nothing rofl
      I googled for +"San Antonio" and +Maryland. I got a liquor store in Hyattsville.
      Maybe that is where the person who processed the exchange gets his/her daily dose of booze?
      FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

psssst maybe you should give the coupon to surreal20....
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I suppose it's better than some of the packages I've order and received with my name misspelled. The best one was "Butlae". Let me assure you that most of those letters are not correct. How you misunderstand clear, legible type...
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
          X