Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got a word for these people, we call 'em GROCKLES!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got a word for these people, we call 'em GROCKLES!!!

Pancakes for the title reference.

B/G: Okay, well, every Saturday during term-time we go into Winchester. Now Winch has a brilliant Park&Ride system, with big green buses going into the city and taking people in and out from large car parks to the east and south. The south car park is very new, and huge.

A few weeks ago we (me and my housemate) were the only people on board. The bus came into the single-lane bus road that led into the car park, only to find that some yobs had buried what was later revealed to be a log under some leaves, disguised as an autumn-strewn speed bump - nope, the log jammed under the bus and made it rattle crazily - the bus driver had to stop and radio for help, because the wodged obstacle was dangerously close to the air brakes. Another bus came soonish, and we were able to walk down into the car park back to the car and warn several other people aiming to see Winch's Xmas lights waiting at the bus station that there would be a delay because of the breakdown. They thanked us and settled down in the warm room of the bus station.

So fast-forwards to this Saturday gone...and we were on the bus again, and gossiping with the bus driver about the above...and we got an update. Those lovely people who were thankful for our news? Yeah they weren't as nice as they seemed, 'cause they ripped the hapless bus drivers a new one for not getting the broken-down bus to them straight away, and made a massive complaint to management...

Yes because you MUST see the Xmas lights LIEK NAO. XP Stupid tourists. The spirit of King Alfred will come and kick your arse.
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

I got called a grockle once ,on my first honeymoon in devon
    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

whats a grockle?
      A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
      Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Its what the locals call a tourist in Devon
        "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
        set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

The origin of grockle.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

hmm, methinks that tourist=/=magical dragon like creature; more like severe pain in the arse.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
            X