This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I missed a chance for a good April Fool's prank

Yesterday I was off work, but I still make it a point to check my work e-mail occasionally.

So in the afternoon I saw an email from the HR lady. She was putting in requests for employee photo-ID that day, and needed a mugshot from me.

See what I should have done was sent a picture of my CS Dragon avatar. Or an Alien xenomorph. Or a picture of Mr. Spock. Followed by an "oops, gotcha", or "sorry, that was my bad hair day picture" email, with my real picture.

Why can't I think of this stuff in time to actually do it?
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Well, at least you're creative enough to have thought of it at all.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I can set my hours to whenever I want, and was running a little late on Friday. I was tempted to stop at Five Below, pickup some blood capsules, then come in with my hair and clothes disheveled, mouth bleeding and tell people I got in a fight outside on the street or got mugged.

I didn't do it but was able to fool my fiancee by putting Vaseline on the door lock & knob, then putting a gumband on the sink trigger so that when she would turn on the faucet, water would spray from the gun at her.

Comment

No, sorry, I think the proper response would have been to fake a set of police mugshots and send THOSE as the joke, with the addition of 'you would not believe what I had to do to get them to take these today.' She wanted mugshots, you send mugshots, right?

Then as you said, send in the real ones mentioning the others as a joke.
        Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
        Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Working...
        X