Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free of charge - Usually this means, "You can try this for free now, but you'll get billed for it later." Most people just see FREE and assume it actually means free, no charge ever! A present for me because I'm special!

Comment

[Area/county/country]'s cheapest grocery bag! Well if the total of the bag is 1ยข cheaper compared to [competitor's] bag, then it's true....

(Note: grocery bag is a way to compare prices between different stores. Basically you buy a set of equivalent products)

Comment

Save money - live better: You can both save money and live better by not shopping here.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Another "Free" complaint

FREE - Just pay shipping and handling. Then it isn't free now is it?
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Your first order is absolutely Free!! - but you must buy 5 of those which ends you paying 3 times it's original value

Comment

Furniture store quality for less!--You mean like the ugly-ass sofa we have that looks and feels like it's upholstered in burlap? Or all the other stuff that always comes back defective because it's scratched, pieces are missing, or it's ripped? Y'know, there's a reason I've taken to telling people not to buy furniture from us unless you don't care what happens to it.

Lowest prices of the season--It's coming up again. Shudder. And the prices aren't that much lower--maybe $1.11 per item. But it sure brings in the people.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Strongest formula available! - Because that's the strongest we're allowed to sell it over the counter, just like all our competitors do.

Traditional formula - Probably doesn't work, but hey it's cheap
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  Another "Free" complaint

FREE - Just pay shipping and handling. Then it isn't free now is it?
                  Better Yet, It is 19.95 for shipping, plus 6.95 for handling. I enjoy infomercials for this reason, sure they giving you all those free gifts but you pay plenty for them because with the volume they do I really doubt they need to spend that much on shipping. and then the handling fee covers the workers wages and warehouse space.
                  I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Call within the next X minutes This one really needs to die. Usually it comes along with the 'Free', 'Limited Offer', certain number, etc. Supposedly it is a miraculous deal but only if you call within a certain time frame. Only the commercial could be airing for Days/Months/years. Do people really fall for this?
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Customer experience. Is that a marketing term? I see it at the stores of the company I used to work for. I've also heard it used internally on company documents, but it can also be used on things like comment cards and customer surveys. It isn't mountain climbing or skydiving or backpacking around Europe. It's not an 'experience'. I go in, I buy a book, I go out. It's not even a theme park. It's a fucking bookstore!

Comment

Hometown or local - I can understand wanting people to support the local economy, but the way my bank's going about this screams spin. Our main branch is out of state. Upper management live out of state. The board members live out of state. The suggestion that our "hometown" products have anything to do with the town where our branch is located is ridiculous.
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                          Customer experience. Is that a marketing term?
                          I've heard it used in ads for toothpaste. I don't need a 'dental experience', I just want my teeth clean.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

No purchase neccessary! - You know, I always baffle at this one on receipt surveys and various contest things on candy/soda packages, because you obviously had to buy SOMETHING to get that code. Especially the candy/soda. You have to buy those both to get that code, because the codes are hidden IN the packaging(Inside of an M&Ms bag, or in the cap of a bottle).
                            Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
                              No purchase neccessary! - You know, I always baffle at this one on receipt surveys and various contest things on candy/soda packages, because you obviously had to buy SOMETHING to get that code. Especially the candy/soda. You have to buy those both to get that code, because the codes are hidden IN the packaging(Inside of an M&Ms bag, or in the cap of a bottle).
                              But, legally, they need to allow you to get at least one chance to win the contest without making a purchase. Normally, this is done by sending a postcard or something to the company running the contest.
                              "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                              "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                              My MySpace
                              My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                              X