X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random funny - courtesy of my mom :)

Short and sweet!

Southwest has grounded over 300 planes this weekend due to equipment 'problems' (to say the least). Here is the info for anyone who is interested:

http://gantdaily.com/2011/04/03/sout...s-300-flights/

Since I work in an after hours call center for travel emergencies, the Southwest situation has really stressed our already frayed nerves.

I took a couple of moments to call my mom for a breather.

Me: "Hey Mom!"

Mom: "Hey, sweetie. How's your day?"

Me: "Well, I assume you've heard about the Southwest problem."

*insert heavy, put-upon sigh here*

Mom: "Yeah! I heard about that on the news. Why'd you do that?"

I love my mom. She knows how stupid customers can be and just KNEW (without even having to ask) that I'd been yelled at all day - as if I'm personally responsible for the problems.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Your mom and my mom have the same sense of humor.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

All that over a two hour delay? If that was any other airline but Southwest, that would be considered "Monday", and delt with accordingly (not at all).

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
        I love my mom. She knows how stupid customers can be and just KNEW (without even having to ask) that I'd been yelled at all day - as if I'm personally responsible for the problems.
        I don't get people, really I don't.

Hmm, you have one aircraft that has issues, so as a preemptive measure you decide to inspect all of them to insure my safety as I'm hurtling through the sky in a metal cylinder at upwards of 400mph. Awesome, yes, yes do that please, I'll wait.

but then I'm funny like that, I'm perfectly happy to be mildly inconvenienced to prevent being permanently inconvenienced.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
          All that over a two hour delay? If that was any other airline but Southwest, that would be considered "Monday", and delt with accordingly (not at all).
          To be fair, quite a few of them were delayed for hours, and sometimes a day.

But still. Screaming at the travel agent who advises you that Southwest has a current phone hold time of over 3 hours isn't going to get you anywhere.

I really wish I had the control that some customers think I do. I'd be very rich and powerful!
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

When the angry customers call and ask just like mom did, wouldn't it be just wonderful to say, "Because YOU pissed me off for the last time. Now go away before I cancel more airlines."
            GFY

Comment

Working...
            X