This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the trenches.

Bleh. Well, it was nice while it lasted. This is the former hauntedheadnc, who was promoted from factory grunt to human resources grunt a little more than a month ago.

I am now a factory grunt once more. Twice, allegations were made that I was divulging sensitive information from the personnel files, and that was two allegations too many. So, I came in today and they told me that with that hanging over my head, there was now a trust issue with the human resources department and it would be best for the department if I was demoted. I can understand this. I don't know what all the allegations involved, or who said I was saying what to whom but there you have it.

It's kind of depressing, but at the same time I never felt entirely comfortable in that position. Something seemed off. I'm going back to what I was doing before, which is definitely not the worst job in the plant so I think I'm okay. Or maybe it just hasn't it me entirely yet. I don't know.

What I do know is that minutes after it happened and I was already on my way home, the h.r. manager called to offer me a promotion to supervisor of a production wing. I had to turn it down however, because I am limited in how much money I can make and still have the state pay for my medications. I suppose I could take the promotion if I were to go on the company health insurance, but I've always hated working there and I don't want to stay with them, nor do I want to do anything that would jeopardize my funding.

What I also know is that the job hunt for something else somewhere else is back on. Anybody want to help me with my resume?
    Drive it like it's a county car.

I'm not really good at writing resumes, but I'd say ask your HR boss if he/she would give you a positive reference. Once you're interviewing, that is. Your stint in HR should look good on the resume.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Later in the afternoon, the lady who was my immediate supervisor called and asked if I would want to work under her in her new position in the quality department. I would be doing the same thing I was doing before my promotion, but I would answer to her. How odd.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
        I had to turn it down however, because I am limited in how much money I can make and still have the state pay for my medications. I suppose I could take the promotion if I were to go on the company health insurance, but I've always hated working there and I don't want to stay with them, nor do I want to do anything that would jeopardize my funding.
        Just something to think about, but how much would you have to make to pay for your own meds and keep your current standard of living? Did the position offer additional benefits that might have helped covered the drugs? I know its difficult when you're dealing with life-saving medications, but I'd hate to see you pass on an opportunity that may be better for you in the long-run. I've dealt with people who get so fixated on qualifying for an aid program, that they don't realize they can do better for themselves until you put the numbers in front of them.

Either way, I'll spare some good thoughts for you. Here's to better luck.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Sorry to hear you are back in the trenches. But I love the new name!
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
          X