Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funniest (and kind of sad) donor call I've heard of in a long time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest (and kind of sad) donor call I've heard of in a long time!

We have a donor who has been with us for a long time. She is 94 years old and fairly wealthy.
    She was talking to one of my co-workers yesterday, telling her how she took all her children to Florida last year and not only did they not say thank you, they didn't remember her on her birthday!

She told CW that "If they don't remember her birthday THIS year, not only will she leave MAW her estate, she will give us all her jewelry too!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Good for her! Just because you are an adult, doesn't mean you can forget your manners and your parents b-day. (And if you have a serious problem with your parents, then you don't go on a 'free' vacation with them!)

Comment

I hope she doesn't completely exclude them, but leaves them a token amount ($1 is usual). It's not unheard of for close relatives who've been excluded to challenge the will on the grounds that the person "forgot to put them in", and sometimes they win. If they're specifically mentioned, that avenue is closed.

Another thing (preferably in addition to the above) would be to write a letter of explanation, and have it kept with the will.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

She can adopt me! I promise to be a doting daughter and all that jazz. And I'm sure I'd love Florida. But seriously, I think it's terrific she's wanting to help out children in need.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I hope she doesn't completely exclude them, but leaves them a token amount ($1 is usual).

Another thing (preferably in addition to the above) would be to write a letter of explanation, and have it kept with the will.
          "To my servant, You There, I hereby leave you a pittance, to be paid in instalments of 1/20th of a pittance."
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Don't even have to leave them a dollar. My will specifically mentions my ex-husband and his children. To the effect that none of them (by name) is to receive any benefit whatsoever from my estate.

So there.

Good on your donor, Sheldon!

Comment

Good for her!!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Not to toot my own horn but today is my Mom's birthday and I called her to wish her a happy birthday. I also sent a card and it was one of those fancy musical card.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

To be fair, if she is 94 her children are probably in their seventies. They probably don't remember where they've put their teeth, never mind their mum's birthday!
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

She could always do what my late grandmother did to one of my cousins. Even though he was (and is) the "black sheep" of the family, she always sent him a check for Christmas, and a birthday card. But, after he got married, she usually sent gifts to his children. After several instances of not receiving a thank-you...she was pissed. So much, that the next holiday, she got even. I'm sure my cousin shit kittens when he received what she'd sent. Nothing in the box, but a smart-ass note wondering if the postal service still worked. I wonder where she got *that* idea
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                    X