Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a soft spot for fluffy animals, even if they're a bit fugly looking.

And I am a little less cautious with people who don't give me a creeper vibe. This guy... let's just say that what he's ordering kind of borders on being disturbing. It might be perfectly innocent. It might not! I tend to be even less chummy than usual with somebody who's already raised one warning flag, you know?
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

I think you're perfectly within your rights to be all business with customers, particularly if they give you slight-creep-vibes. He's obviously just pissed off that you're not going to be his one and only friend, therefore you are mean and rude.

Tell your other TMI customers that you'll start charging an hourly rate for therapy if they keep bugging you with personal stuff
      I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

My customers are often old retired hobbyists, and my company is small and doesn't do stupid stuff like give me a time limit on calls. So maybe that's why I don't mind chatting a bit with customers.

One guy mentioned that his wife died recently. ?? Odd thing to say in a conversation with tech support, but I said, "I'm sorry to hear about your wife" in my email response.

I always get people who ask, "So you guys are in Canada, right?" and we chat about the weather.

One guy was so happy with my service that he said, "You know, one of the most beautiful places to do [hobby] is called Grype."

I get a kick out of it, business is slow.

Comment

Working...
        X