This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to loose a good contract

OK, so a certain cab company, who's cabs are yellow just lost their contract with us tonight.
    We had an agreement with them. Their drivers would only charge us minimum charge for going between here and the airport during the times that our shuttle wasn't working and we would only use them and only authorize reimbursement to guests who used them. So, putting numbers on that, $13 per trip and they were getting about 10 to 15 trips a week... so not much, but considering it is graveyard shift when they are dead anyway, not bad either.
    Well, this one driver tonight, just screwed them over royally... he pulled the "accidentally get lost and drive around the block trip" with one of our guests to the tune of $28 worth of extra fare.

Needless to say, I had the pleasure of informing their dispatch that our agreement was off
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Have they tried to renegotiate after dealing with said driver?

Rapscallion

Comment

Please keep us updated, I think the Cab company is going to strangle a certain driver very soon!

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Have they tried to renegotiate after dealing with said driver?

Rapscallion
        No, it was quite clear with the original arrangement, first driver that went over would be the last, two other cab companies were lined up who were willing to give us the same rate though with slightly lower priority for pick-up... well, 99% of the time we schedule in advance and pick up priority isn't an issue, so it was a default, you fail and the contract rolls over to the next cab company.
        I was the one who got to tell the next company on the list that they were now our default provider

Comment

Ah, it's wonderful what competition can do when it works.

Comment

Any comments from the original company yet?

Comment

I don't think they've even noticed really... we're just a small user compared to some of their contracts... so I doubt they even care yet.

Comment

Does the company actually know what the driver did?

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  I don't think they've even noticed really... we're just a small user compared to some of their contracts... so I doubt they even care yet.
                  I think the operative word here is "yet". And I have to repeat Amina516; are they aware of what their driver did? Odds are he's done it before and elsewhere...

Comment

Working...
                  X