This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ridiculous.

(Was not sure which board this post fit into the best, so please move this if it is on the wrong board )

So, I came in to work the other morning and found this GEM of a "poem" hanging in our break room. We are now expected to take this super seriously. YEAH RIGHT!

I AM YOUR CUSTOMER

I am your customer. Satisfy my wants, add personal attention and a friendly touch, and I will become a walking advertisement for your products and services. Ignore my wants, show carelessness, inattention and poor manners, and I will simply cease to exist as far as you are concerned.

I am sophisticated, much more so than I was a few years ago. My needs are more complex. I have grown accustomed to better things. I have money to spend. My ego needs the nourishment of a friendly, personal greeting from you. It is important to me that you appreciate my business. After all, when I buy your products and services, my money is feeding you.

I am a perfectionist. I want the best I can get for the money I spend. When I am dissatisfied, then take heed. The source of my discontent lies in something in you, or the products you sell, have failed to do. Find that source and eliminate it or you will lose my business and that of all my friends as well; for when I criticize your products or services, I will talk to anyone who will listen.

I am fickle. Other businesses continually beckon to me with offers of “more for my money”. To keep my business, you must prove to me again and again that I have made a wise choice in again and again that I have made a wise choice in selecting you and your products and services above all others.

Author Unknown

Give me a BREAK!!!

Whoever authored that crap needs to be sentenced to work retail for a period of 3 years and then we'll see if they still have that same self-righteous attitude.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

....wow. Really? O_o Wonder what color the sky is in their world.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Hardware_Slave View Post
        Ignore my wants, show carelessness, inattention and poor manners, and I will simply cease to exist as far as you are concerned.
        Oh if only that were true, ignore SC's and they would cease to exist. Unfortunately in the real world that only makes them louder, meaner, and more annoying. Whoever wrote this is an idiot. Or like the person that made up the saying "the customer is always right", they are a sucky customer and trying to compensate for it by saying this attitude is normal. Seriously this was probably made by some rich high up person that thinks their poop don't stink and have never worked actual retail before so they act this way.

Comment

"I am the customer. Bow down before me, my minions!!!!"

Oh for the love of puppies!
          "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I bet your company paid some consultant a bajillion dollars to come up with that new corporate strategy

Comment

Wow... sounds like an entitlement whore's twitter post.

Comment

Being as the economy is shitty and has been for at least 4 straight years now, that poem might as well be written in stone at each and every retail establishment.

The employee is replaceable. The customer is not.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Why not put a paper above it with the following: "TO: Businesses - FROM: Retail workers when we leave for the day."

OR

"Laugh of the day:

If "the customer" really believes "I have grown accustomed to better things", then why is there both a store brand and various name brands for the customer to choose from? "Better" is an opinion anyway, and varies from person to person. if anyone buys the "better" or "best computer sold at Wal Mart, they're actually buying far from the best there is out there, commercially and privately. Might as well post that up by that poem too.
                  Last edited by emax4; 03-27-2012, 01:52 AM.

Comment

A few comments to the author.

Ignore my wants, show carelessness, inattention and poor manners, and I will simply cease to exist as far as you are concerned.
                    It would be heaven if that were true. In reality, you keep coming back time after time, moaning and complaining. You do not cease to exist, you become a never ending pain in the backside.

My ego needs the nourishment …
                    Like an ego vampire that sucks everyone they encounter dry.

I am a perfectionist. I want the best I can get for the money I spend.
                    Except you are never willing to spend the money to get the best.

I am fickle.
                    That one you got right. You wouldn’t know loyality if it hit you in the face.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The source of my discontent lies in something in you, or the products you sell, have failed to do.
                      WTF?

Find that source and eliminate it or you will lose my business and that of all my friends as well; for when I criticize your products or services, I will talk to anyone who will listen.
                      More lies. We all know that they'll keeping coming back and continue to inflict misery.
                      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

I can see having that attitude toward customers if you own your own business, and the fate and profit of your business rests in your customer service.

But someone working for minimum wage for some huge corporation is not as likely to feel obligated to kiss butt and treat the customer like a golden god.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          Whoever authored that crap needs to be sentenced to work retail for a period of 3 years and then we'll see if they still have that same self-righteous attitude.
                          I totally agree! I think everyone should work retail for at least a year or two, so they can see just what we have to deal with.

Comment

Quoth wildman View Post
                            I totally agree! I think everyone should work retail for at least a year or two, so they can see just what we have to deal with.
                            It probably wouldn't work. Sucktomers of that stripe tend to take the attitude "I got crapped on while I worked in retail/food service/whatever, now it's MY turn."
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                              Wow... sounds like an entitlement whore's twitter post.
                              WINNER!

Quoth GreedySmurf View Post
                              I bet your company paid some consultant a bajillion dollars to come up with that new corporate strategy
                              Sadly, you're probably right!

Interesting how these things never have any obligations going in the other direction; i.e. "I will treat you with at least basic courtesy" ...

Comment

Working...
                              X