X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking office gave me the wrong information

This happened on Monday.

There was a recruiting fair at the university I work at as a Visitor parking attendant held by one of the sports teams in the area last Saturday. The sports team was looking for college students interested in summer internships.

Monday morning I received a phone call from the parking office from one of their emplyees letting me know that 6 people from the sports teams will be arriving for a meeting with the President's office. At one point there were only enough spots inside Visitor parking for this meeting plus the other reservations on the Outlook calendar. So I put out the Visitor parking is closed for an event sign out. After a while several employees from *restaurant* began arriving for a job fair. So I called the parking office to find out if there was a job fair being held at the university. I was told "not that I know of". I also let them know that there was someone from *restaurant* at the visitor parking booth telling me he was here for the job fair & that there were only enough spots inside visitor parking for the reservations on the Outlook calendar. I was told that the *restaurant* employee had to find other parking as well as the other employees. A few more employees from *restaurant* arrived after that. So I called the parking office again to confirm. I was told that the spots were for a meeting & that they had to find other parking. A couple of minute later I received a phone call from the university employee who e-mailed the parking office about this "meeting". She told me that she included in the e-mail that the *restaurant* employees were here to recruit employees for job openings. She told me she would contact the *restaurant* employees & tell them to return to the visitor parking booth. Everyone returned & were able to park.

There was a problem with the pay machine inside visitor parking, & the Manager of Parking & Transportation Services called me to let me know to let some customers out with the clicker. She did not sound happy. I wonder if her direct supervisor received a complaint from the university employee who e-mailed the parking office to reserve 6 spots inside visitor parking.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 04-08-2012, 02:14 PM.

What a mess.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X