This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAH bloody evil computer

We have two computer software programs we use to keep track of our work. I'll call them... Reaver and Firefly. Right now we use both but supposedly we'll eventually just use Firefly and Reaver will be thrown into a full burn in atmo.

And right now I can't wait to see that.

Firefly itself is buggy. One of the district guys was visiting once and asked me how I liked it. I said "It's great... when it works". He laughed. On a good day you have to restart Firefly about every 30 minutes if you haven't been using it. Which is an improvement because you use to have to totally log out when it froze.

Still mid afternoon Firefly takes a break and just refuses to work. So we have to pull out the paper version which can be a pain in the butt.

Although a lot of people hate Reaver, it still works. Or it should. Thing is though if Reaver is down we really have a hard time doing stuff. Can't update any paperwork, or process anything we've picked up from the service center. Seriously it really throws a wrench into the works when it's down.

And by the time I left yesterday BOTH Firefly and Reaver were down. So... we had to use the paper versions of both. o what a nightmare. i was glad to leave.

Yeah it felt like hell. And nothing to do with any customer. In fact they were understanding.

*throws reaver into a fireplace!*

I have one word that can instill fear and disgust in anyone who uses it at work.

Citrix

That is all.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

We're doing a Citrix server upgrade at my work this week.

Yup.

ETA: I'm not just an end user, I'm in IT. So, double yup.

Comment

been there for upgrades. only it was windows nt

supposedly they were doing work on the Reaver server wherever that is (somewhere by Miranda I guess...) Maybe that explains why it kept going down. It's the Pax!

But today Reaver was up again and nowhere near as slow as it was when I last worked. Although one of the techs said Firefly was down and had me do the manual Firefly forms. eh. o well.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          I have one word that can instill fear and disgust in anyone who uses it at work.

Citrix

That is all.
          KILL IT WITH FIRE! I don't even use/support it & I hate it with the fury of a thousand suns
          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
          What's the difference?
          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post

Citrix

That is all.
            Horrible nasty system. I hatesssss it. it moves slower than me (& my dad always said I am slower than cold molasses on a cold Boston winter day), mini-freezes randomly, shuts itself down randomly, totally freezes the whole computer requiring a hard reboot, and much, much more torment.

Comment

I once worked at a site that solely had thin clients that used Citrix to get a virtual desktop. That was fun, in a "paper cut to the genital region" sort of way.

At least with normal desktop workstations you can fix a problem with the profile quickly, or move the user to another machine and reimage it if the installation is FUBAR. With Citrix, if the system decides to go "lol nope" and not let a user connect, that user is screwed until someone figures out why.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                We have two computer software programs we use to keep track of our work. I'll call them... Reaver and Firefly
                Heh, I see what you did there. :P
                If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Citrix

That is all.
                  That sounds extremely familiar. I'm sure my computer used to have that... and I think I used it, a long time ago. *scratches head* I wonder if it's still part of that one system I use...

Comment

It's generally called XenApp now.

Comment

Call it what you like, I still don't like it.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X