This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guest appearence in a kid's cartoon

A friend sent this to me; she has kids and they regularly watch Rugrats. XD I'm the one playing the drums.

Anyone here ever see themselves in a movie, kid's cartoon or anime? If so, let's see the pictorial evidence.
    Last edited by Ree; 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM. Reason: Resized large image
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Shuji Ikutsuki -- villain in the PS2 game Persona 3.

Spitting image. I actually considered trying to find a tan suit so I could go to Anime Weekend Atlanta in costume. Then I changed my mind and grew a set of muttonchop sideburns.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I was actually credited in a special A&E did on Pirates down here in the Keys, but sadly, my parts hit the editing room floor.

As a teenager I was on a short news segment involving the recall of Arizona's governor at the time. (They showed me on a street corner holding a sign and arguing with one of the opposition.)

In college, my name was on a newscast as I ran for (and lost) an election for mayor of my home town.

And of course I was involved in the Key West episode of a drinking show that filmed down here last May. The owner of the bar called me up and said that he needed me involved in that, as I was the rum guy at The Bar. It was quite fun.

Not sure if I've ever seen an unintentional likeness of myself in anything, though.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I remember being in a news clip along with my sister and cousins for event called Mighty Mud Mania in Scottsdale as a kid.

As for a cartoon...nope >> not really.

Comment

I've been on TV a couple of times: once on Wallace and Ladmo when I was about seven, once doing something with my high school drama class.

Cartoon lookalike? Well, give Velma from Scooby-Doo waist-length hair and non-orange clothing and that's pretty much what I look like.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Cartoon lookalike? Well, give Velma from Scooby-Doo waist-length hair and non-orange clothing and that's pretty much what I look like.
            Same here, except make Velma blonde

As for my "involvement", my Year 1 teacher was in the paper for talking about special education funding (she is the reason why I am studying Special Ed), while I was in the paper in Year 12 for talking about the issue of the instrumental music service that runs in public schools possibly being cut. (the current model has students learning a musical instrument from Years 5-12 if they so choose, generally in the public system the instruments are flute, Bb clarinet, Eb saxophone (in most cases, tenor sax is offered at high school level if the student is capable of wielding it), Trumpet, trombone, percussion, classical, electrical or bass guitar and in high schools, voice, keyboard/piano and violin/viola/cello, provided that the school can get hold of tutors for those particular instruments. Voice is provided by the IMS at high school level, keyboard/piano/strings are not. The proposed model was that ALL students would learn an instrument at Year 5, after that, they would have to pay for private lessons, which would severely disadvantage those students who came from disadvantaged backgrounds)
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Not sure if I've ever seen an unintentional likeness of myself in anything, though.
              I have. Years ago when I was a kid, there was magazine ad for some washing machine and it showed a bunch of kids standing there looking grimy. This one girl looked so much like me I was ready to ask my mom if there was something she wanted to tell me. This kid had the same haircut, facial features, even the same style of glasses that I wore at the time.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Amusingly, while I have not been in a cartoon, my older sister The Witch looks so much like Lucy Van Pelt from Peanuts it's scary. She even has a lot of similar personality traits. Yes, she absolutely would pull the football away.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  ... Yes, she absolutely would pull the football away.
                  At least Lucy wouldn't substitute a cinderblock.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X