Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to second the Hosting/Website Creation ideas.

To get a bit more specific, with a focus on e-Commerce, and creating websites for all levels of e-Commerce. Could take it to the next level and break it down by business type, as well. Create a new e-Commerce software suite that handles accounts, shopping carts, subscriptions, content (free and value-added), layered sites (multiple membership levels with access to different parts of the site), and so on and so forth. Multiple templates available, with custom design (on a semi-fixed pricing structure) as an option for people willing to pay.

Make something all-inclusive at a reasonable price, with good tech support/customer support, and a willingness to go out of our way for good customers, while stopping scammers in their tracks.

Comment

Professional advisory of a non-medical/non-psychological/non-legal nature.

Tie that in with professional services of various stripes.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

This is kind of wild to think about, really.

Honestly, you could do just about anything/everything!

Myself, I have experience in database and a bit of programming and general IT work, as well as photography and a touch of music creation as well.

Comment

I have data entry (very little but I do have some), security (physical not website), and and even a little supervisor experience. Also very creative, but with my memory/concentration issues and physical issues..would have to probably work on a team lol
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
            Customer Service Troubleshooting and retraining; we go around and retrain management to be good management instead of spineless jellyfish.
            And we could take referrals from employees, since these types usually don't recognize themselves ...

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Professional advisory of a non-medical/non-psychological/non-legal nature.

Tie that in with professional services of various stripes.

^-.-^
            Love this one. We have tons of experience and skills of all kinds here that would fit in with this.

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
            This is kind of wild to think about, really.

Myself, I have experience in database and a bit of programming and general IT work, as well as photography and a touch of music creation as well.
            Photography here as well, although at present I don't have a decent camera (just a cheap point 'n' shoot bought a while ago for a vacation). Still have my trusty old Pentax K1000 but ... it's not exactly digital.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
              There is enough talent on this site to do just about anything. It becomes a matter of packaging it and selling it.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                Expanding on IT outsourcing... A temp agency.
                What about a general temp agency?

Comment

I do billing and customer support right now. I'm also very familiar with mass email since I work for an email service provider. I've also cooked professionally, but I don't think that applies here.
                  The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Food delivery from/to anywhere!

Comment

I can do graphics. I have designed some ads that have appeared in the local paper here. (scans available at request).

Maybe putting a book together with stories from here?
                      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Monica, I've often thought the same thing. We have some damned good writers on this site, with some damned good stories.

Comment

Monica, Eireann, why not go a step further? We could set up as a publishing service--specifically, Ebook publishing. With as many excelent writers we have on the sight, we'd have more than enough editors. Artists, cover art, illustrations. As others have mentioned, we'd already be dang good at advertising.

I like this thread.
                          *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Quoth Duelist925 View Post
                            Monica, Eireann, why not go a step further? We could set up as a publishing service--specifically, Ebook publishing. With as many excelent writers we have on the sight site, we'd have more than enough editors. Artists, cover art, illustrations. As others have mentioned, we'd already be dang good at advertising.

I like this thread.
                            Fortunately, this site has editors and proofreaders as well!
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Snarker in the closet?

No no no, not starkers out of the closet!

Music on hold, very demented? Miles Davis Bitches Brew era... Gideon Freudmann...
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This all sounds like a very good idea.
                                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                                X