This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thunderstorm under a tin roof
    Mortar fire (I know, I know. I grew up near the border of an army fort, and the mortar range was close by. To me, muffled mortar fire is the sound of a summer morning. I"m imprinted on it. Crazy, I know.)
    The sounds of friends still sitting around a campfire after I've gone to bed in my wagon.
    Drum circles off through the trees at night
    White water rushing over rocks

Comment

Some more from. That sound an old monitor make when it turns on. The whirr of a computer fan.

Comment

The sound of a tv on in the house, makes it feel less lonely for me.
        The sounds of birds you hear in the morning in spring and summer, it's unique
        The sound of a mandolin
        The long interlude in CCR's version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine...I love that song anyway
        The sounds of the city, traffic

I'm alone apparently in hating the sound of rain. I like the quietness of snow falling though.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Wind sighing trough trees
          thunder
          heavy rain - I don't like the pitter patter of a light rain, until the end of a good downpour
          bagpipes, fiddle, drums, celtic wind instruments
          windchimes
          the opening guitar riff of "Sweet Child O' Mine"
          the flicker and pop of burning candles
          my dad's voice telling a story, the pull of air through a pipe
          the sounds of opening at TRF (after canon)
          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

- Magpie calls and singing (and the butcher birds echoing them).
            - Rainbow Lorikeet screeches and sparrow tweets.
            - The dogs grumbling at each other.
            - The slushing of cars driving through the puddles out the front.
            - The girls reading to each other (Jazzy mostly reading and sounding out some words while Bubbles is talking about the pictures)
            - The quiet crackle of a campfire.
            - Rugz playing ARMA 2, and the shouting/swearing/laughter on teamspeak.
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I, too, like the sound of a good, heavy rain. I also like, in no particular order:

--the sound of a horse or horses running
              --any of the guitar instrumental pieces Metallica plays; particularly, the slow, melodic part in Master of Puppets
              --the sound of good guitar playing in general
              --this is going to make me sound like a fangirl, but...the sound of Adam Lambert's singing voice...he has one of the greatest I've heard in a long while
              --the sound that is my family, gathered around a dinner table at a special occasion, talking and teasing each other, with lots of laughter
              --the sound of NASCAR engines, be it firing up or out on the track at top speed
              --the sound of a throaty engine in a vehicle like a Camaro, Nova, Corvette, etc
              --the sound of waves lapping at a beach on the shore of a lake (I haven't been to an ocean yet but I'm sure I'll love that too!)
              --any sound a semi makes, because it makes me think of my dad, who drives a semi
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
              X