X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia sucks.

That is all.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Try taking melatonin, assuming you aren't taking anything that conflicts with the label restrictions. Does wonders for me. I used to have insomnia and it just doesn't happen anymore.

Comment

Hope it goes away quickly. Mines driving me mad right now - I've ended up booking today as a holiday day yesterday after feeling nauseous and dizzy yesterday and being sure I was going to collapse due to not sleeping the last couple of nights. I think I've had about 6 hours sleep in total since Monday.

Ended up booking today off in order not to get another sick day on my record and potentially be in trouble for it. (I can tell I'm not well - this post doesn't make sense does it? ha!)
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
        Try taking melatonin, assuming you aren't taking anything that conflicts with the label restrictions. Does wonders for me. I used to have insomnia and it just doesn't happen anymore.
        If I go into another bout of having regular insomnia I might give it a try. I've got an herbal tea blend that I use when I have occasional insomnia, it did eventually help knock me out last night. Catnip, chamomile and lavender. Tastes horrid, but works.

Last night's insomnia, however, I know the reason for. I managed to spend just a bit too much time in the sun yesterday, got slightly scorched about the head and shoulders. Meh.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Yeah I have to find some melatonin or something. Trying to figure out how my body is surviving on about 3-4 hrs of sleep a night. Which is about all that pain will let me get..about 2 hrs at a time (give or take)
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Fun fact: the human body only requires about 4 hours of sleep per 24 hour cycle. With normal sleep patterns, there's a non-restful halfway stage we drift in and out of. For people who have issues, the body can be trained to just avoid that halfway stage entirely.

Obviously, this is grossly simplified, but you get the general idea.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Something else to try is Valerian Root. Also, step away from the TV/computer at least an hour before trying to go to sleep.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

As a lifelong insomniac currently battling a different but equally maddening sleep disorder, I whole-heartedly agree.
                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Do not take Lunesta! I had horrible hallucination from it and scared my children. I feel horrible they had to see that.

I take Ambien and sometimes I have to take Melatonin with it. It usually works but some nights it doesn't.

I absolutely hate insomnia, so I will have to talk to my doctor again and see where he wants to go from here.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I really need to go see my doctor but they always tell me its to do with being fat and having sleep apnea and if only I lost this extra weight I'd be fine.

1) My records show sleep apnea since birth - my mother was told to hold me upside down under the taps to wake me up when I stopped breathing as a baby.

2) I've asked them for help with losing weight which magically never appears- especially since lack of sleep is linked to eating more to cope with the lack of energy.

2a) I have to be careful with exercise since any aerobic exercise has me choking due to fluids in a few minutes. I walk three miles a day too and still do not loose weight.
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Since he obviously has a problem seeing the real problem because he's focused on the weight, can you fire him and get a new one? I wouldn't trust a doctor who was more interested in his pet scapegoat than real medicine.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Since he obviously has a problem seeing the real problem because he's focused on the weight, can you fire him and get a new one? I wouldn't trust a doctor who was more interested in his pet scapegoat than real medicine.

^-.-^
                        I wish it was only one - its really difficult to get the same doctor every time around here. Its nearly every doctor I have ever seen has blamed some of my health problems on my weight. Oh, except the one who told me that my joint aches and weaknesses were to do with flu and told me to come back when my sinuses were clear (Which they never are - I have Rhinitis which is clearly shown on my notes!).

One or two have been nice but they are usually locums and all the requests they put in some how never reappear with an appointment for a referral.

The joys of the NHS mean I'd have to jump through lots of hoops to get myself re-registered to another surgery and new doctors. And since the NHS as a whole are represented to appear to be cracking down on the fat people that isn't likely either!

I will make an appointment anyway and press the issue to do fertility related stuff soon but I'm not expecting to make much progress before hitting the 'fat' barrier.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                          Something else to try is Valerian Root. Also, step away from the TV/computer at least an hour before trying to go to sleep.
                          Valerian Root is good stuff . . . I've used it before back when I was having neck/shoulder issues b/c I had trouble sleeping with all the other meds my Dr. had me on.

And I'll second shutting down the computer a while before bed. I find that if I don't, then it'll take longer for me to wind down enough to relax and fall asleep.

Another helpful hint: if you do wake up in the middle of the night and don't feel like going back to sleep, do NOT turn your computer back on (or the tv for that matter.) It'll make it worse, especially if you have to be up early to get ready for work.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                            Do not take Lunesta! I had horrible hallucination from it and scared my children.
                            I take Lunesta and have no problems with it.
                            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              And I'll second shutting down the computer a while before bed. I find that if I don't, then it'll take longer for me to wind down enough to relax and fall asleep.
                              That will depend a lot on the person and on the activity.

I find that if I really want to get myself tired when I'm having trouble winding down, playing some mindlessly repetitive game like solitaire will wear me down in ways that nothing else I know of will.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                              X