• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actress Brittany Murphy dead at 32

Apparent full cardiac arrest

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/report-act...-dies/32960?nc
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

I was wondering just a few minutes ago why she was listed among the deaths on Wikipedia, yet when I checked her article, there was no date of death listed.

Sad to hear . . . I really enjoyed watching her in "Uptown Girls."
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Holy crap. Plaidman had a crush on her.

I'm going to miss her.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

That's so weird.

Unexpected.

Comment

Too young to go.

Comment

I loved Clueless.

I now want to buy it and watch it in her memory.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Not to sound like a cold-hearted bastard, but up until now I had completely forgotton who she was.

It's bad that she died, I won't argue, just sayin' that since I don't recall seeing anything she starred in I likely won't be feeling quite as sad as when Captain Lou Albano died (though considering her young age it also leads one into self-reflection and life goals, etc.; it all really can end at any time).
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

my mom was wondering if it was drugs but since she was in the shower i dont think its drug related?

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  my mom was wondering if it was drugs but since she was in the shower i dont think its drug related?
                  I was thinking eating disorder. She's always been awfully thin and anorexia often leads to heart problems. I suppose there will be an autopsy, though, so they'll find out soon enough.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BookstoreEscapee, my mom and I were wondering the same thing. In the Yahoo article, they showed a recent picture of her. She was so skinny. Besides the whole weight and eating disorder thing, she was a great role model. She had no other scandal. She wasn't much of a party girl. You never really heard anything negative about her, besides the eating disorder thing.

Scary thing is, she was only 4 years younger than my mom.
                    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Brittany Murphy was noticeably fuller figured in her earlier acting years, if you want to look at pictures from then to nowadays.

She's been awfully thin for quite some time, but I'm not going to speculate until an autopsy is over.

Nowadays, many seemingly healthy young adults are having heart attacks and dying in their late 20s and early 30s.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Nowadays, many seemingly healthy young adults are having heart attacks and dying in their late 20s and early 30s.
                        Hearing that is scary enough...and I'm in my mid 20's. Britanny Murphy not only was on Clueless, Just Married with (now ex) boyfriend Ashton Kutcher but also as the voice of Luanne Platter's in King of the Hill. Another young one gone too soon. RIP Britanny.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

She was in a lot of good movies- 8 Mile, Sin City, Girl Interrupted to name a few. The IMDB list is pretty long.

Rest easy Brittany.
                          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                          HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                            Brittany Murphy was noticeably fuller figured in her earlier acting years, if you want to look at pictures from then to nowadays.
                            I loved her on ALMOST HOME (the sequel to THE TORKELSONS), and yes she was a bit plumper then. But certainly not fat. The same with the movie CLUELESS.

I think I'll drag out THE TROKELSONS/ALMOST HOME tonight in tribute...

Comment

I think that Clueless was her first movie that she was in. I remember when that movie came out. Me and my friends would constantly quote it, driving everyone around us crazy.

Brittany Murphy was so talented and it's really a shame that she died so young. Even though it was already mentioned, she was in movies like Clueless, 8 Mile, Girl Interrupted, she provided the voice of Luann in King of the Hill and Colleen in Futurama: Beast With A Billion Backs. Sorry, I'm a HUGE Futurama fan.

Girl, Interrupted is one of my favorite movies and she is superb as Daisy. I don't think I can watch that scene (Spoliers for Girl, Interrupted...highlight to view.) where she commits suicide by hanging herself in the bathroom. It's just way too creepy now.

Personally I think that she died as a result of anorexia or another eating disorder because she did look dangerously skinny. I've never heard of an otherwise healthy 32-year-old woman dying from cardiac arrest.

Rest in peace Brittney, you will be missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X