This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: "Best of"

I don't know if it's worth the trouble, but I was thinking (always dangerous) that there should be a "best of" list, something that threads and/or individual posts could be added to via voting. I'm not talking about the already-existing "war stories" or "annals of ancient cs" -- this would be something that a large percentage of posters here think is an outstanding thread/post worth highlighting.

For example, a new thread goes up, and in addition to the usual links, registered users have a link that says something like "vote this thread [or post] for 'best of'" or whatever. If a thread or post gets enough votes (100 or 1000 or whatever -- some non-trivial number probably based on number of active users) it automagically gets linked to in a read-only "best of" forum.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Generally speaking, if you think something is worthy, let us know via report or PM and we'll consider it for War Stories.

Before I took over the place had voting enabled. It created factions and hurt feelings, which is not the intended purpose.

Rapscallion

Comment

Ah, I see. Well before my time...
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
      X