This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom Threatened with Lawsuit after Son Spills the Beans on Santa Claus

So the kid goes to school, tells his classmates that there is no Santa, and one of the parents sues.

But it gets more insane. Read for yourselves...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/f...YHV?li=BBgzzfc
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Yeah, I saw the discussion on Reddit. Apparently Ken White (of PopeHat.com fame) is one of the lawyers who REALLY would like to take the case - of course, granted that the "offended" parents are able to find a lawyer who doesn't laugh right up in their faces
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Glad I was at home when I read that article. I actually said out loud for the 'offended party' to STFU. -.- People...
      My Wajas cave

Comment

Not surprised that it happened in California. What a "gimme grab" - other parents were looking for an excuse to throw a party on that woman's dime. Glad to see that some lawyers are offering to take her case pro--bono if the other parents actually file suit.

Too bad it couldn't have happened in a certain other state - "No, Virginia, there is no Santa Claus".
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

When I read the title, I was picturing a scenario in which a child literally spilled some baked beans while sitting on Santa's lap and was trying to figure out why a kid would have beans in that situation in the first place. I need a nap.

Comment

I can't even read that because I'm trying to avoid flipping out. That stuff makes me crazy.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

... so they where never going to let their kids watch miracle on 34th st? or the polar express? or like half of the modern Christmas movies?

Comment

Time a kid spends "believing in Santa"

20% = Actually believing in Santa
                80% = Pretending to believe in Santa to get more presents.

Comment

^ My family is a firm believer in Santa.

Because if you don't believe in Santa, Santa doesn't come to bring you presents.

The lawsuit is insane though- the legal system man.

Comment

Legal system? Oh, you mean the lottery that rewards stupidity.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Legal system? Oh, you mean the lottery that rewards stupidity.
                      I must most humbly request the ability to use this phrase in the future...
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                      X