This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbyeeeeeeeeee

Well, that's it! I have had my last shift! And what was most annoying about it was that I didn't have an SC event! I had 5 years of bartenders rage ready to take out on any SC's I encountered, and then they all went and behaved themselves!

Feeling a lot of mixed emotions at the minute. Two years ago I thought I wanted to work in bars forever, despite the SC's. I loved my job, but as soon as I went to management level, that's when it all went downhill. The shit that came with it just wasn't worth it. And when I had to leave my bar and move to the pub I just quit, well, that was like going into a war zone! The SC's were out of control and none of the other managers seemed to want to do anything about it.

As I was cashing up on my last shift, I overheard a co-worker talking in the glasswash area:

CW: I don't want customersruinmylife to go! We finally get a manager who gives a fuck about the well-being of the staff, and takes the time to get to know us, and he gets driven out! It's just not fair.

I'm going to keep posting on here, so don't worry. There are some stories I haven't told yet!

I still want to see a picture of the time the ceiling collapsed at your old bar.
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
      I still want to see a picture of the time the ceiling collapsed at your old bar.
      I will get it on here one of these days!

Comment

CW: I don't want customersruinmylife to go! We finally get a manager who gives a fuck about the well-being of the staff, and takes the time to get to know us, and he gets driven out! It's just not fair.
        ... will one day be tattoo'd on my arm, it will.

That said, as long as you're happy. I keep wondering if, in terms of happiness, if it's <you> vs <x amount of other co-workers> which should be greater.
        SC: "Are you new or something?"
        Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Good luck!!

And yes, please share other stories.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Good luck with your future employment. It can only get better.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
              if it's <you> vs <x amount of other co-workers> which should be greater.
              greater how? In putting up with crap to make others happy? No, you should never stick with a miserable job just to make other people happy.

CRML, congrats on making it out alive.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

*claps* Congrats on making it out without a prison term! I would be there right now if I had to deal with those little....douches!
                My Wajas cave

Comment

Congratulations!
                  Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                  X