This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting asked out by a customer

To make it short, "Max" has been a somewhat regular customer at the library for the past few years, he's always seemed really into talking to me (if he sees me at work), and I've been suspicious that he's interested in asking me out. I actually don't run into him that often, but Monday night, he was dropping a lot of hints he'd like to see me outside of work.

However, I'm not really into "Max" that way......he seems nice enough, but has bad breath/B.O. (he works in maintenance at a nearby health club, so I think he comes straight from work). Not to mention that sometimes he seems to feel that I have nothing better to do at work than chat with him.......unfortunately since this seems to happen when I'm scheduled to shelve, I can't really "avoid" library customers. (and no, I'm not feeling harrassed, just that I've had to remind him that I'm at work and have things I need to get done)

You could always try the "my boyfriend and I" trick. Just drop hints that you have a BF already and it's serious business. It will maybe let you know if he's only interested in dating you or if he really wants to just hang out and chat. I find that gets rid of many "potential suitors" rather quickly
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I had this happen to me in reverse I guess... minus the BO and bad breath (I love my mints). this girl at a coffee shop I frequented gave me hints that she liked me... I was a bad guess of signals so I kind of ignored it and just talked to her like she was my friend. one of my co-workers than confronted me and told me how she likes me and wants me to ask her out. she also tells me she does have a boyfriend (?) but she doesn't like him and is probably going to leave him.

Ok.. score... I guess. all's fair in love and war, I thought. SO I see her outside, just after their place closed (my place closes one hour after there's and I cross the street by their place many times a day since that is my job) and I talk to her. she gives off the usual body signals, and i get her number. yay me!

so I call, as i told her i would, and leave a message to invite her some place. no answer. i talk to her at work a couple days later, she says she was busy (thanks for callin' back). she invites me to a bar and says she'll call me... no call... ok.. 2 strikes. i call her one week later, no answer, no reply, i give up. turns out, according to my OTHEr co-worker, the co-worker who told me she had a crush on me LIED TO ME. so because of her bad info, and the coffee girl acting far too nice to me (though not nice enough to return a phone call or tell it to me straight) I was the creepy customer

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
        You could always try the "my boyfriend and I" trick. Just drop hints that you have a BF already and it's serious business. It will maybe let you know if he's only interested in dating you or if he really wants to just hang out and chat. I find that gets rid of many "potential suitors" rather quickly
        Whenever I have persistent guys that hit on me I tell them that SO is very VERY jealous and that gets them to back off.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Hmm, I've gotten asked-out 3-times, hit on multiple times, given a business card to visit a salon and given a 1-week trial gym membership. I was lucky though, the guys asking me out were nice, but I already had my BF.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
          X