This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More shipping venting

When I started this job as a head shipper, the whole warehouse was a mess. there were boxes everywhere, shipping boxes were unorganized, garbage would pile up, the shipment room was unworkable, and nothing was easy to find. so the first thing i did when I started working was reorganize, move everything around, clean up, and make it easy for everyone to find what they may need.

fastforward to 1 year later. the place has changed very little, but it is still far more organized than it was in the begining. after 1 year I learned a couple things. one is, the owners NEVER go into the shipping room, so sometimes it gets a bit messy, but I keep the places they need to get to empty of clutter. Eventually one of my co-workers got a bit tired of the mess, or was on a power trip, and decided to alot me 2 days a week to tidy up. I figured it was fine, especially since I finally got a vaccuum to effectivly clean.

now fastforward to now, 2 years since I started working. seems now even the bit of clutter that accumulates in 2 days is too much for my co-worker. but instead of tell me this, she complains to my boss. the not so smart one I vented about in another post. in turn, he yells at the other boss. today the not so smart boss came over in the morning to complain about my co-worker complaining to her. today wasn't even messy... I had one box with smaller boxes in it in the back. not enough to warrent a break down and trip to the dumpster until our deliveries later in the day. but I humor him. he tells me to clean everyday, and I agree. I hate changing a schedule I had set up and worked so well in, but if it will make him shut his yap, I'll do it.

after cleaning right away, I went back to the long tedius activity of saving all our reciepts. after lunch the other boss came over to... talk to me about cleaning. he said that the not so smart boss has been yelling at him... why? I have no idea. not so smart boss is over here maybe once everyother week, so I have no idea what he would be frazzled about. but he explained my co-worker was complaining to him up and down about my mess.... my mind kept flashing back to the way it was before I worked here, how you couldn't even walk it was so bad. but now, i keep a pile of boxes until they are enough to stack and wrap, yet that is too messy? it isn't even near where anyone else goes. but again... i nod, tell him I cleaned... and ask why he is telling me something the other boss already told me 2 hours earlier. he just tells me to do it.

ok... do what? i cleaned... I look around and see what he was probably talking about. the holds. we have many boxes filled with items waiting to be shipped out, but are on hold for one reason or another. I can't ship them, I can't move them (or the bosses will be pissed) and they take up space. there is nothing I can do with them. whatever...

I guess I am more pissed my co-worker didn't just tell me right out, instead of possibly dance around the subject, give me 2 days of cleaning a week, then complain more later when her own plans of cleaning where good enough. ugh... I have a feeling it stems more from her personal life than how I am working. I hear everyday about how terrible things are going. I won't say what any of them are, but lets just say any future plans she keeps planning for keeps getting pushed back every couple of months. this past week was especially stressful apparently, and i have a feeling she zero'd in on whatever she could to pass on the aggression. whatev...

When I run into those situations (being told to do what doesn't need to be done right that second), I'll usually say, "I'll do that right after I finish <whatever I'm working on atm>." Person wanders off, then I ignore it until I would have done it anyway. If they stick around until I start it, I bug the hell out of them asking exactly what they want done.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I got yelled at by the co-worker again today. it seemed like she was looking for something to complain about. this time it was the mess on MY desk. the desk barely anyone ever uses. every morning I get a cup of coffee and a bagel/muffin which comes in a bag. I set the bag aside and eat my breakfast. sometimes i get into my work and forget about the bag on my desk. but she comes over and flips a shit because I apparently leave a huge mess on my desk and that I can't work like this... I seem to work just fine, I can speak for myself thanks.

I was annoyed. it's an empty paper bag... the garbage is right below it... why yell at me about a stupid bag I'll probably throw out the moment I stop doing what I am doing? then she yells at me about all the boxes up front. i confronted her on that one though. "what? the holds? you mean all the boxes filled with stuff on hold you guys put there? the boxes that, if I move, you would yell at me for? those boxes" she kinda thought twice about it and said "well.... they can go here! just put them here."

SO i slide them to a wall and leave them. I am sure, when the not so smart boss comes over here to look for them, I'll get yelled at for it.

She really is bringing her personal life into the work place. she tells me what goes on, just as I do, but I can tell the frustrations she conveys to me is now working it's way here. and since she can't flip out and boss around her significant other at home, I get targeted.

Comment

I'd have told her to shut her pie hole and stop harassing me for little shit.

Comment

Working...
        X