Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're on 8-12 hours mandatory overtime, and because you really, really need the extra cash, you've been pushing yourself more towards 16-20 hours a week....doing 12 hour shifts 4, almost all 5 days of the work week (and even sometimes working another 4-8 hours on one of your nights off), then I'll take your "I don't wanna go to work!" and raise it with "I don't want to ever go there again!"

I am working so much that I barely have time to even put gas in my car or stop by the grocery store. I nearly fell asleep at the eye doctor the other day, they even said I could go home and come back for an eyeglass fitting another day because I looked like I wasn't going to make it home.

The best part of all? I finally get an entire weekend off....well, both nights off anyway.....and what did I do today? I slept ALL FUCKING DAY. Now I have to do everything I put off tonight.......
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I felt like that about one data entry job at a bank that I had three years ago. It felt like I had to literally force myself through the door of the building each night, my whole body felt like lead. That's no way to live. Fortunately the problem kind of solved it self when I soon went into some kind of very odd manic state where I literally could not sleep or eat for about two weeks. I couldn't have continued to hold down my job if I'd wanted to

I don't mind the job I have now. It's really easy and low-impact and I have a lot of personal freedom. I know it's a lot easier to say than do, but if your job is making you miserable and you dread it that much, it really is not worth it, imho.

Comment

Yay! Somewhere to vent about my job.

I work only the weekends. I work Saturdays from 6am-3pm and Sundays from 6am-2pm. I can't stand it anymore. I keep saying how I don't want to work. I'm not looking forward to it and I'm not a morning person. I get up 5:40am because I don't live far from my job. I'm not even on time as I should be. I'm just not in that spirit anymore to go there. I'm only doing it for the money, but I would like to enjoy my job too. I've been there for more than 2 years. I would like to work from 9-5 or 9-3 or something. I have been looking for other jobs, but who is going to hire a person on the weekends from morning-afternoon? NOT MANY. Or I would've found one within those 2+ years.

Comment

Working...
        X