This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird day

It happened about a month ago, I was sent to sell ice cream at a soccer tourney and a different event later in the evening.
    Show up at the first soccer field and the people running it were giving me a hard time telling me to somewhere else. So instead of arguing I go to another field.

Arrive at the second field where the people running the canteen ( they were selling drinks and chocolate bars on a plus 25 degree Celsius day)
    tell me that I have to leave this time I argue I have a vending licence and I'm not going anywhere.

They back off for an hour but then I turn my head and they move their tent RIGHT NEXT to my bike lol
    At about 4:45 ( I have to leave at 5 ) I figure cool I'll leave and have a smoke while waiting to be picked up.
    I start pushing the bike towards the exit the people running the canteen come up asking me if I am leaving when I say yes they say "Since you showed up our business increased 4 fold please stay". I tell them I can't and have to go do another event. My brain is hurting they want me to leave and now they want me to stay.

Off to the second event where the plan was to sell just outside the park.
    I just get set up then the organizer asks if i should be there. I tell him yes I have a vending licence and call my boss. They talk and the next thing I know I'm being placed inside the park.

After 10 minutes inside Im running out of ice cream and quarters, they bring me a grand total of 3 loads of ice cream and a whopping $2.00 in quarters.
    (our prices are $1.50, $2.00, $2.25, $3.00 so quarters are important)

after 2 hours in the park I sold over $1,200 in ice cream and only blanked out 3 times( we have to add everything in our head) and actually had people telling me how impressed they were with how I handled the massive lines and that they could never do it.
Working...
X