Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my store real fast, as I should be getting ready for my shift now but I'm slacking... and so much has happened.

Since UAM quit... good news. The transfer for Asst. Manager is even BETTER than UAM... which is outstanding. She busts her butt to actually DO things for the store as we all do, instead of trying to work just in paperwork. And she fills in wherever is short staffed too. She's already improved the store by about 10% by just making minor changes and cosmetic things which are awesome.

Better news! Store Manager got canned. I feel bad for her as a person, since I think she was just in over her head and was honestly having health issues because she was trying to do her best, but on a work related level she was failing hard and all of us are glad to see her out. Everyone agrees that the store seems... happier now as a place, if places can be deemed happy. It's not as tense, stressed, or cloud-of-doom-ish.

Semi good news - we lost both awesome people in our music department (bad news) but one of them who left because of Store Manager is coming back at the end of the week. The other is just leaving 'cause she has a job she REALLY wants but we're all sad to see her go.

Great news - we've hired another front manager who I've trained up and she's only on her second week and already up to speed enough to muddle through closing the store solo, which I've told her she can feel free to call me if she needs help. And there's another cashier who's in the running, according to Asst. Manager, for front manager, who is happy to take it. I think he'll do very well.

I've restated my interested for the music department management position. I had stated it to Store Manager, but she just gave me some canned bull$#&% about "we'll talk about it and see" and it turns out she didn't want me in the position... but Asst. Manager has said she has been talking to District Manager and neither of them see a reason why Store Manager was being obtuse about it, and both think I would be good for the position, but it's in the works.

Semi-bad news - Asst. Manager is off on training this week, leaving our store with volunteers from other stores popping in to help out and keep an eye on us, and us other managers running the store as we can. Yerg!

But that leads to probably good news, as we're all hoping Asst. Manager gets the now vacated Store Management position... though she's a bit wary of getting it, as she's not even had a year in her position yet, but she wouldn't mind it, she said.

But at the same time we're still having the normal store drama of people leaving randomly or not bothering showing up, etc. Last night was horrid, with one guy just not showing up, and I was by myself up front with just a trainee on his first night.

And I think I'm sick too... I've been feeling like I'm gonna puke my guts out since last night... haven't yet but it's hard for me to actually do so, blech. I'm hoping tonight is slow enough where I can maybe leave early or something... there should be another person there who can cover for me (Gasp! Really? Say it's true!) if needed, but that's really only my last option, as I'd rather not ditch after leaving the store in a half-done state last night due to no staff, and I don't think the guy who could cover for me would appreciate it, even though he'd probably do it anyway. :P

And really good news - Store Manager, as a parting screwup, forgot to change my clocked hours and fix a "I forgot to clock out" from a week or two ago. I had 13 hours overtime, and 150$ more in my paycheck than I should have. I talked to District and Asst. Managers and they said "Eh, dont' worry about it, it was her screw up and we'll just chalk it up to a bonus that you've earned by busting your butt for the store" Woo, bonus!

On that note, I'm going to stop rambling (sorry, just so much happened and I tend to ramble anyway, thanks for reading out of curiosity or boredom! ) and try not to vomit and get to work.

Things are looking up though! Sorta. For now. :P
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Working...
    X