This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd call this place a dump...

... but that would be slightly insulting to those fine facilities that handle our trash.

I shall catalog all the problems I've been seeing recently... as proof of why I want to get out so desperately.

Problem 1-
    The guest in 132 is being somewhat of an SC, but I don't blame him. We are having a problem with pipes making noises. I don't know what is causing it... I have gone through the area multiple times and can't figure it out... our maintenance guy can't figure it out... the guest is of course not happy (I say he is justified in that, he is being a bit SC-ish though in not accepting our offer to move him to a different room, one that would be a free upgrade by the way). Here though is the problem... this problem has been going on for MONTHS now. The owner knows about it... but he's too cheap to hire a plumber to actually find and fix the problem.

Problem 2-
    about half the rooms for some reason have the speed dial for the front desk set to dial room 111. Once again, this is something the owners have been informed about for quite a while. Does he replace the phones... no, of course not. Does he at least remove the sticker on the phone that says that the button is the speed dial... of course not. Does he at the very least take 111 out of service so that people aren't bothered by people trying to reach the front desk... nope.

Problem 3-
    room 133... there is a short in the phone that causes it to randomly dial the front desk... even when the phone is on the hook... oh yeah, having the receiver down on that phone doesn't actually disconnect it.

Problem 4-
    room 134, the TV doesn't work. We've just had the room out of order for nearly a month now rather than just replacing the damn TV.

Problem 5-
    The owner still isn't buying replacement light bulbs for the hallways. Every wall sconce that has light bulbs only has one of the two bulbs it's supposed to have... some have no bulbs in them. Now, I will admit that we could get away with the only one bulb per light thing if every light had the one bulb and they were new and bright bulbs rather than old and dim.

Problem 6-
    The carpet is quite literally falling apart in some areas of the hallway.

Problem 7-
    The vending machines have a dispense rate similar to the payout on a slot machine.

Problem 8-
    This building hasn't been updated since the 80s... at the latest... the building just looks and feels old... and not in the quaint historic way.

Problem 9-
    The shuttle vans both have over 100k miles on them. They run very rough, have upholstery that is starting to wear out, and generally look like crap. Add to this fun that despite being high milage vehicles, the owner insists on there only being oil changes every 5000 miles, using low end traditional oil.

edit to add

Problem 10-
    The hot tub is not hot... the heater on it is apparently going out (or turned down because the owner is a cheap bastard)

Problem 11-
    The treadmill in the fitness room is broken. I don't mean broken in the sense that if you run it too long it will occasionally stall out, kinda annoying but still works, type broken... I'm talking nothing comes on in the first place type broken.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 09-23-2009, 12:53 PM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

That's gotta be my old hotel! Seriously, I'd see a piece of lint or paper in the hallway, and bet how long it would be there before that area got vacumned; sometimes a month.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Note to self: if in Utah, don't stay at smileyeagle1021's hotel.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Note to Self: If in Utah, go to smileyeagle1021's hotel only to grab him and take him somewhere where he doesn't have to look at/think of his hotel.

Comment

Any chance of at least, for instance, swapping things around so the broken phone and the broken TV are in the same room?
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
            Any chance of at least, for instance, swapping things around so the broken phone and the broken TV are in the same room?
            you mean broken phones. About half of them are broken now.

Comment

Heck, swap the broken TV and the shorting out phone with the ones in room 111.

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
                Heck, swap the broken TV and the shorting out phone with the ones in room 111.
                or just use some wisely placed explosives

Comment

Its a bad cycle. Not enough guests mean things don't get fixed up, which means fewer guests as nobody wants to stay in a rundown hotel. Soon all you have are crack whores and people who need a place to dress like a baby where the wife won't find them.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                    Note to Self: If in Utah, go to smileyeagle1021's hotel only to grab him and take him somewhere where he doesn't have to look at/think of his hotel.
                    Note to Self: If I drinkarum goes to Utah - GO WITH HER!!
                    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
                    RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Smiley, I beg you.....just move here and get a job at one of the many hotels here.

Wisconsin isn't nearly the dump that I try to make it out to be at times.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Smiley, I beg you.....just move here and get a job at one of the many hotels here.

Wisconsin isn't nearly the dump that I try to make it out to be at times.
                        tempting as that is... I'm right now working on getting back into the call centers here... the call centers in Utah actually are mostly really good companies to work for.

Comment

update

yay, during my days off more stuff broke... so now I can regale you in my further tales of woe.

As of yesterday the automatic feed on the printer is broken... we must now use the manual feed option (this will make reports fun).

For added fun, the master keys no longer work on all doors (yay... just to make my life more fun)

The maids left a sheet with blood stains in a room

and for even more added fun, I get to enjoy the hotel falling about only 24 hours a week instead of 32... yup, yet more hour cuts. Clearly my lack of cleavage puts me at the bottom of the list for maintaining hours.

Comment

Working...
                          X