Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone, and (hopefully) never to be seen again.

But I AM keeping those backups on my PC.

It might be worth it to go through the music folder...

And, NO. I am NOT keeping any of the VeggieTales stuff! :P
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

YAY! No more LoDD!

Quoth technical.angel
      It might be worth it to go through the music folder...

Could be. Might find some decent music in there.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
        One good piece of news. He said that after wiping and formatting the HD, his diag tool did not find any bad sectors.
        I can almost guarantee that won't last.

I had a drive go bad a few years back. Started blue-screening with "Error writing to drive c." Probably the only time I ever knew exactly what the problem was.

I found some bad sectors, which I had the computer repair. It said it was successful, but I was afraid to trust the drive after that. I did, however, use it as a slave occasionally for backup purposes.

...until one day the damn thing caught on fire.

OK, I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. I was copying some files to it, when I saw a bright flash from inside the case and smelled something burning, and teh whole system locked up. Thankfully, after I yanked the bad drive out it was fine.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          OK, I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. I was copying some files to it, when I saw a bright flash from inside the case and smelled something burning, and teh whole system locked up. Thankfully, after I yanked the bad drive out it was fine.
          Reminds me of the time I was playing videogames on my computer when the screen went all pink (nVIDIA "pink screen of death") and I saw a glowing ember inside my case...

That was the infamous "Athlon rig" that had many a hardware failure, but simply wouldn't die. It went on from there to last another five years, where my own stupidity caught up with it. Remember: A bench test will not detect an overvoltage-under-load type of failure, and exactly that kind of failure is what usually destroys motherboards... I only buy PSUs with OVP now.

Comment

Working...
          X