This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown 80s Toy---Help??

This may sound like a really strange request but I am trying to remember the name of an old 80s toy that I can't remember for the life of me!!

You basically had 4 tall birds with long skinny necks (the birds were red, green, yellow, and blue). They each had yellow beaks with a round velcro tip on the end of the beak. The game came with a yellow plastic nest and a bunch of felt worms. I guess the goal of the game was to get the most worms?? I thought the name of it was Rockin' Robins or something like that but I can't find anything.

Can anyone help me??

It looks like the first thing on this pages looks like what your describing:
    http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0910/

Let me know if it's not and I'll keep looking.

Comment

Quoth JPD View Post
      Bet it is. Just outta curiousity --- bird, game, 80's, worms,?

Comment

Ya know, it bugs me when people go "google is your friend" or *insert terms here*. It's been said before that some people have better luck with google then others and I find it down right rude for those to be so helpfully unhelpful.

As for the game, I remember what your talking about but I don't think it was the 80's. Cause I think my older brother had that game and he was born in 78.

Comment

Quoth JPD View Post
          http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0910/

Let me know if it's not and I'll keep looking.
          That's it!! Thank you so much. I had the same one, but the version of Early Birds I had had the four birds but that's the exact game I remembered!

And I so agree, Google is not always your friend for sure. I always thought it was an 80s game because I had gotten it for Christmas of 88 or 89, but that may have been when the different version came out.

Thank you again!!

Comment

I think the four birds that came out was another company and following in line of the treasure hunt game that had four moving snakes you try to lift a piece of treasure off of.

Comment

Here is an Early Birds game on eBay.

More info about it.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Glad JBD pegged it for you kibbles. That kinda stuff can drive a person bonkers. And I've been amazed before at the things, books, movies, etc. people here remember or can scrounge up. heckuva crew.

Quoth Aethian View Post
                Ya know, it bugs me when people go "google is your friend" or *insert terms here*.
                And for the EXTRA-smug, there's: this

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  I think the four birds that came out was another company and following in line of the treasure hunt game that had four moving snakes you try to lift a piece of treasure off of.
                  Yup, the one I had was basically the same (same color nest and everything) but with four birds and the worms were felt instead of rubber..to stick to the velcro and all

And it's been driving me nuts for a long time trying to figure out the name.

Comment

Working...
                  X