X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three more reasons Mr Hero is an asshole

Amongst his reasons were such elements as:

1. SC asked if he could use our phone to make a long distance call. I told him no.

2. The same SC then asked if he could make the call on my cell phone instead. I told him I didn't feel comfortable with people I don't know finding out my number

3. Because I'm disrespectful to veterans. After being told "no" to both above he asks "You wouldn't even do it for a veteran?"
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

And the word 'no' guarantees the deck of cards comes out..and I really hate playing the game of guilt rummy!
    Last edited by registerrodeo; 03-24-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      3. Because I'm disrespectful to veterans. After being told "no" to both above he asks "You wouldn't even do it for a veteran?"
      I have an easy counter to that. For me at least.

"As a veteran myself? Yes, I wouldn't do it for a veteran, for the two above statements."
      The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Amongst his reasons were such elements as:

1. SC asked if he could use our phone to make a long distance call. I told him no.

2. The same SC then asked if he could make the call on my cell phone instead. I told him I didn't feel comfortable with people I don't know finding out my number

1. Company policy. If I violate it, I will be fired.

2. My cell phone is broken.

3. There's a VFW up the street. Use their phone.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
          For me, #2 would be: Fuck no.
          [SARCASM:]No!!! How rude can you be?[/END SARCASM]
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Only for veterans of the Civil War.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

1. I don't know of any place that allows customers to make long distance calls on the store's phone and the store's money.
              2. What if the employee doesn't have a cell phone? Why doesn't the customer have his own, while we're at it?
              3. I don't care if you're a veteran of the Revolutionary War, I cannot bend company policy for you! Go home and call from there!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

1. "Sure, $50 deposit, we'll deduct how much your call cost and mail you the change after we get the phone bill."

2. "No one uses my cell phone but me. Full stop."

3. "I wouldn't do it for the Lord God Almighty."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My replies:

1.) I'm not allowed to use the desk phone for personal calls of any nature.

2.) What cell phone?

3.) Thank you for your service, unfortunately it doesn't affect what I have already stated.

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

The Lord God Almighty doesn't need a cell anyway. He'll just set a bush on fire.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post

The Lord God Almighty doesn't need a cell anyway. He'll just set a bush on fire.
                      That's why I trim.
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        That's why I trim.
                        Glad I was obeying Rule 1. Chocolate ice cream out the nose would've hurt . .

Comment

I don't know if the SC saw my cell phone or not. It wasn't in my pocket. It was behind the counter on top of the workspace.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

For #2 that could be safely blamed on corporate. "The management forbids us from having personal cellphones in the workplace." Which is true enough in most places though nobody actually follows it and management rarely cracks down, at least where I work.
                            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Just to be clear, I could be having a conversation on my cell phone, clearly holding the device to my head, and my answer would STILL be "What cell phone?" for number 2.

SC
                              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
                              X