X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People with beliefs different from our own

A couple of customers that may or may not own a tinfoil hat:

A customer comes up to pay for his purchase and I give him his total, which is $14.65. As he is paying, the man in line behind him speaks up.

S(enile?) C: 1465? That was a good year. I remember it.
    Me: <thinking he was joking, I respond as any good history junkie might> Ah, yes, I think that was during the Wars of the Roses.
    SC: (as the first customer leaves) 1492 was a better year, though, when we came over on the Mayflower.
    Me: The Mayflower landed in 1620. 1492 was when Columbus came.
    SC: There was a settlement here before he supposedly discovered the United States, though. It was called Jonestown.
    Me: Actually, Jamestown was settled in the early 1600s.
    SC: And you know what? Common Core* is going to ruin these kids. They aren't going to know any of this history. You know the textbooks actually say that communism is the best form of government?
    Me: Oh, really? That's interesting.
    SC: Yeah, and I'm fighting against that Common Core. The kids need to learn the real truth and history behind this country!
    Me: Well, good luck, sir. Have a nice evening!

*Common Core is a new set of government educational standards in the US.

Customer comes up to buy beer.
    ME: May I see your ID, please?
    SC: <sighs, pulls it out and hands it to me> You ask me every time.
    ME: <examines ID, then turns it over to scan> I guess you just have a young face.
    SC: No, don't scan it.
    ME: Uh...what?
    SC: I don't want it scanned.
    ME: I'm sorry, that's our policy.
    SC: Then I won't buy it! I don't give you my wallet to take home and play with, do I? It's the same thing. Think about it.
    ME: It just reads your birth--
    SC: Think about it!
    ME: <Hands back ID, which by this time has already been scanned> Thank you. Anything else for you today?

The SC pays and leaves quietly, apparently not noticing that I have already taken his wallet so I can play with it when I get home.
    Last edited by CarcinogenCrunchies; 04-12-2014, 07:43 AM. Reason: Punctuation

So, NO acknowledgement that HE was completely wrong on everything he said?

Comment

Kids, this is why you don't drink the Kool-Aid. Ah, I'm so going to Hell for that one…
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
        Kids, this is why you don't drink the Kool-Aid. Ah, I'm so going to Hell for that one…
        No, That would only be if you told them to drink it.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          So, NO acknowledgement that HE was completely wrong on everything he said?
          Thinking is not part of his skillset.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
            Actually it was grape Flavor Aid they mixed with cyanide at Jonestown. IIRC it was believed to be Kool Aid for years and that's where the saying came from.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Actually it was grape Flavor Aid they mixed with cyanide at Jonestown. IIRC it was believed to be Kool Aid for years and that's where the saying came from.
              It didn't come from "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" by Tom Wolfe?

Comment

There seems to be a lot of people wearing tin foil hats these days. I do not mind, in fact I love, having intelligent conversations with people who see things from a different side than mine. You can walk away enlightened, plus you have opened the other persons eyes up to a differing POV. It is the ones who just go so far off the rails in their rants that the NTSB has to be called in to investigate, that I slowly back away from while just nodding 'uh huh'. There is no sense presenting your views on the subject because it causes their heads to explode and utter nonsense to spew forth like lava from a volcano. And for some reason, retail workers are the magnet that draws in the mad hatters...

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                  There seems to be a lot of people wearing tin foil hats these days.
                  Yep, they've fallen for the misinformation put out by the government, thinking that they're protected from the mind probe/control rays, but they're not. To REALLY be protected, you need a minimum of 2 ounce copper foil for the electric component, 16 gauge Mu metal (annealed after forming) for the magnetic, and 3/16" of lead for the radiation.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    To REALLY be protected, you need a minimum of 2 ounce copper foil for the electric component, 16 gauge Mu metal (annealed after forming) for the magnetic, and 3/16" of lead for the radiation.
                    And the end result is you end up looking like a lost member of the punk rock group Devo.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Yep, they've fallen for the misinformation put out by the government, thinking that they're protected from the mind probe/control rays, but they're not. To REALLY be protected, you need a minimum of 2 ounce copper foil for the electric component, 16 gauge Mu metal (annealed after forming) for the magnetic, and 3/16" of lead for the radiation.
                      Actually, someone did a study. Seems that due to it not completely surrounding the brain (which would have "unfortunate" consequences for the owner of said brain) any sort of "foil hat" would *focus* the waves...
                      :-)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        And the end result is you end up looking like a lost member of the punk rock group Devo.
                        Are we not men?
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Are we not men?
                          <looks down front of pants>

Nope.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                            Actually, someone did a study... any sort of "foil hat" would *focus* the waves...
                            If you are referencing The Atlantic, your info is a little outdated CN. The 'focusing' effect is only applicable to the mind blaster rays of the Subterranean People - the rays come from below and the foil acts as a parabolic reflector. Government satellite mind reading or alien mind control rays are still easily defeated by an AFDB.

The more you know...

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              Government satellite mind reading or alien mind control rays are still easily defeated by an AFDB.

The more you know...
                              That's just what Big Tinfoil wants you to think!
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X