This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't See That Comin'

So, there's a building downtown that's directly next-door to a national chain-pharmacy place.

Despite literally the BIGGEST "private parking" sign in town, (seriously, it's the size of a small billboard, about 8 foot tall....) their lot is frequently used by pharmacy customers or people who are using other downtown businesses. There's a FOUR STORY parking garage on the other side of the street, so it's not like there's nowhere to park, it's just that, well, parking over there COSTS MONEY!!!!!! And this nice lot over here is FREE! You just have to be an inconsiderate twatwaffle and ignore all the signs.

This pisses off the building owners something fierce, and they've been on a slow burn a' al Ted Knight in Caddyshack for years.......

They've tried to be nice.

They've added more and more signs

They've spray-painted "NO PARKING" on the ground in the middle of the stalls

They've had their building's maintenance man camp out and try to catch these people as the pull in and divert them elsewhere

But nothing stops the mongol horde, they keep coming, and coming and coming......

So, the building's owners rage boiled over, they called us and declared: TOW EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT EM' OUT!!!

Beginning today, we can now TOW anyone who doesn't belong.

First victim? The pharmacy's store manager.... who's iron-clad excuse as to why we shouldn't have towed him was "THERE WAS NOWHERE ELSE TO PARK!!"

It's worth mentioning, his pharmacy has it's own (albeit small) lot too, maybe he should check to see if any of the cars in there don't belong to customers and have THEM towed? There's an idea? huh?

I'm sure there will be more to come as the moochers who've gotten quite used to this "secret" little parking spot of theirs slowly, and expensively, learn that like the ol' Burger Joint, their last little Eden of Parking has been defiled and they are about to be cast out......
    Last edited by Argabarga; 04-26-2014, 01:08 AM.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Awwww, I almost feel sorry for them....

Almost.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Almost?

Nah, not even almost.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Good Lord. There's enough parking around town that, if you're willing to walk even remotely a short distance, you can find somewhere that's free. Especially on the outbound route of town and little branching roads off of it. But then, I got to park on South Allen for free when I went downtown as I had family living there .
        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
        And it's not what I wanted to be
        The weight on me
        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Doesn't surprise me, I'm forever finding illegal parkers in the lot of "Apartment Complex A" with permits indicating they live at "Apartment Complex B" that's usually only 3-4 blocks away, at most, a 5 minute walk...... but they're too lazy for that! And walkin' is for CHUMPS who can't afford luxury SUV's!!!!! (It's always Mercedes ML350's and Lexus RX330's that do this sort of thing)

South Allen you say? Well, if I were you, I'd stay out of the lots at 1315 S. Allen, 1229 S. Allen, 1218 S. Allen, 1013 S. Allen, 917 S. Allen, 907 S. Allen........ really, this could go on for a while
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
            Good Lord. There's enough parking around town that, if you're willing to walk even remotely a short distance, you can find somewhere that's free. Especially on the outbound route of town and little branching roads off of it. But then, I got to park on South Allen for free when I went downtown as I had family living there .
            In this community we have Park'n'Shop, four public parking garages (and a few private participating garages) that offer free parking from 6 AM to 10 PM for the first 30 minutes and one or two hours' free parking with validation from participating businesses. The garages frequently stand empty and lonely, the wind howling through their vast, vacant floors, while towing companies do a brisk business hauling cars from unpaid meters, driveway entrances, bus stops, fire hydrants, and other towing zones.

It's mind-boggling. Think about what that means: two thousand parking spaces in the downtown area where "I was only there for a minute" really does get you free parking, and hardly anyone uses it. Well, lots of people use it, but the garages remain way below capacity while parking enforcement is snapping tickets onto windshields and drivers wedge their cars into loading zones and hope no one notices.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              There's a FOUR STORY parking garage on the other side of the street, so it's not like there's nowhere to park, it's just that, well, parking over there COSTS MONEY!!!!!! And this nice lot over here is FREE!
              No, this nice lot over here is NOT free. It costs (IIRC) $120 if you collect your car on the first day, $35 per day if you leave it longer than that, plus the cab fare to get to Friendly Neighbourhood Towing's storage yard.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

As long as it's not raining or umpteen below zero, I'd rather walk. Especially because I can't parallel park so I will drive till I get a good spot and walk 8 blocks rather than embarrass myself parking in the middle of a busy street. It's good to walk, and always good to grab a smoke.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

As long as there are inconsiderate twatwaffles and idiots, Argabarga will always have employment.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'd rather not walk, TYVM, but neither would our other disabled-in-a-walking-way members. But we have a solution for that. Two, in fact.

One is passenger drop-off/pickup zones, where whoever's driving me drops me off and I find a seat while they find a parking space.

The other, naturellement, is handicap permit-only parking spaces.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Ahhh, I never tire of towing stories!

I REALLY wish we had video of their reactions when they find their car hooked up...
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

haha I love comeupance

Comment

Sounds like this lot's going to be a gold mine for your firm...

Comment

It would take a death in the family to get me back to the area so I'm not too concerned . My grandmother lived at the Towers for about a decade, then moved out to the JoePa village for her remaining years. But all I needed to do was grab a temp parking tag when I went to visit and was golden.
                            But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                            And it's not what I wanted to be
                            The weight on me
                            Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

I'll never understand the attitude these people have. I have a friend I used to visit somewhat regularly who lives in a place where parking can be an issue. Even during the busiest time of the year, I never had an issue finding parking near his apartment, though I occasionally had to park a block or two away. Granted, schlepping my stuff two blocks wasn't fun, but getting towed out of his apartment complex parking lot would have been even less fun.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X