This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Redbeard View Post
    SC: "But why was I able to find a better offer on line?"...

You would be surprised at the number of phone calls I answer at my pizza place and have the EXACT same conversation. The parent company is trying to drive most of the traffic to the website and puts a crap ton of specials on the website, e-mail, text message club and other online venues.

The customer calls in wanting <certain deal or combo that we at the store level have NEVER heard of> saying they saw this deal online. all we can do is do exactly what you did and refer them BACK to the website so they can order said deal there. Our POS system just does not have the 123,653,876,678 deals/coupons/one-time offers/new customer/flash mob deals they put on the corp. website.
    Last edited by EricKei; 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM. Reason: trimmed quote
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Now they think customers should be able to place death notices online, and that we'll be "spending less time working on those."

They can't do a free three-line ad correctly....and you think they're going to be able to correctly place a death notice???
      Considering what I've seen on CS about family members having differences of opinion as to what should be in the death notice, and newspapers dealing with this by only accepting death notices from the funeral home handling the burial, I can see this turning out to be a never-ending source of problems. I wonder how many weeksdays until someone places a death notice online - and you get a VERY angry call from the "deceased" demanding someone's head.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth partsgrunt View Post
        ... and we'll keep on filming till we run out of tape...
        When the new show's done, there'll be old ones to re-run...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          ... for the good of everyone (except the ones who are dead).
          But there's no sense crying over every missed take...
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            But there's no sense crying over every missed take...
            So we'll keep on rolling film 'till we run out of cake...
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
              The company is going to upgrade our billing system later in the year, it will mean that if someone STARTS an order on line, we'll have access to it as a saved profile if they stop the process and call in. I can't wait for that
              Heh. That's exactly what my coworkers and I said about our new scanners when they were first announced. Seems like every "improvement" corporate makes turns out to be worse than before.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
              X