Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want me to bring my meat thermometer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My response would have been after she asked for the Food section the second time:

"Ok, let me see if I can find someone for you....*beep* (altering my own voice) Food editor, what can I do for you?"
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

"Maam, if you need to know if the food is ok to eat, just ask it. If it doesn't answer, it's probably OK."

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
        "Maam, if you need to know if the food is ok to eat, just ask it. If it doesn't answer, it's probably OK."
        And if it's answers you like this:

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....32390a7e83.jpg

Call 911 and run like HELL 'cause it's gone bad.
        Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-04-2014, 10:47 PM.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

This is what the employees at your University Extension Service live for.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
            "If it does answer, please feel free to call us back. Or ebay it. Just do it before it goes bad.. We don't need another headline like, 'Reanimated Meatloaf ate family's poodle!'"

I have actually pulled the "I'm the supervisor," routine after putting someone on hold. Of course, the person wanted to replace the blades on a desk fan... and refused to believe that the price of the blades was more than the fan had originally cost! The person was so dingy that she didn't notice that I hadn't bothered to change my voice.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              And if it's answers you like this:

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....32390a7e83.jpg

Call 911 and run like HELL 'cause it's gone bad.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu5pn4MM3Mc
              (both for the song, and the episode referenced in the applied video)

If she was THAT worried, why not properly reheat it before consumption? Get the number of the CDC ready, in case she calls back again
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
              X