Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Thing I've Ever Attempted...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, if anyone here has any knowledge or experience with family law or adult adoption, especially in the states of Florida, Arizona, or Texas, I could use any and all advice, insight, and perspective you could offer me. And many thanks ahead of time to any who can and do.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      And what I am embarking on now is perhaps the craziest, farthest out of the box, wackiest, most wonderful things I've ever attempted. And surprisingly, it doesn't involve defying physics, cheating death, or revolutionizing the political landscape.
      [/I]
      Well shucky-darn.....

Mazel Tov! [no matter how it comes out]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Damn you Jester... I'm a hormonal mess to begin with at the moment, and you broke the dam LOL I'm so happy for you - congrats

And Mytical, you didn't make things any better. Damn you too.

You both made my day

Comment

Jester, your post has filled my heart with so many emotions (all good ones), but I'm finding it difficult to put them into words. I am so happy for you and Dragon. I am so amazed by you. Dang it, I'm *proud* of you. I already knew you were an absolutely terrific man, but this just put the "icing on the cake." Best of luck in this endeavor, my friend.
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Well, I've always been a huge proponent of adoption, and have made that very clear in this site on many issues. And in a way, I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

No, I am not taking in a child that needs a loving home. I'll be the first to admit that. Fact is, I like my life the way it is, and am ill-suited to raising a child. That's a bit selfish, I'll admit.

What I am doing, however, is doing what I can to guide one young woman that I care greatly for in the right direction in life. Considering the current state of some of my other nieces' lives, I can't say that that is a bad thing.

Still A Customer."

Comment

By the way, to those of you that are friends with me on facebook, please keep in mind that a lot of my friends and family still don't know about all this, and I would prefer to tell them in my own way and time. ESPECIALLY my mother, who does occasionally read my facebook stuff. Thanks ahead of time for being sensitive to this.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, has anybody ever told you that you are a prince?

I think this is awesome. Good luck, I hope you get all the details worked out.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Jester, I would say you're a gentleman and a saint, but I don't think many gentlemen would participate in (or at least admit to) some of the antics you've alluded to in your posts, and most saints wouldn't live in Key West.

I tease, of course. But the sentiment inherent in "you're a gentleman and a saint" stands.

Whether you get the "piece of paper" that formalizes your relationship with Dragon or not, you have been everything that a person needs in their life: loving, caring, and supportive.

Whatever else happens, hold your head up high because of that fact.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Jester - she's one damn lucky girl to have a Dad like you!!!!!!!! Congrats to you both.
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Excellent idea. No clue why neither Dragon or I, two relatively smart people, didn't think of that ourselves.
                      Outsiders perspective, and all that. Glad I could help.

SC
                      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Jester, has anybody ever told you that you are a prince?
                        Not nearly often enough. Please, continue. You were saying?

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Jester, I would say you're a gentleman and a saint, but I don't think many gentlemen would participate in (or at least admit to) some of the antics you've alluded to in your posts, and most saints wouldn't live in Key West.
                        Damn skippy! And thank goodness for that!

I tease, of course. But the sentiment inherent in "you're a gentleman and a saint" stands.
                        Thanks! I'll try not to take offense to the whole "gentleman" thing.

Whatever else happens, hold your head up high because of that fact.
                        I hold my head up high every day for many reasons. This is just one of them.

And that's not me being arrogant or conceited...that's merely the way I live my life. I try to have as few regrets as possible, and be as positive as possible, looking at the positive side of things rather than the negative, every single day. And ever since I started doing that, life has been much, much better.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I don't post here a lot but I have to say that this post made me tear up...I wish you nothing but the best Jester and look forward to updates!!

Comment

This is one of the awesomest things I've ever read. I'm bawling my eyes out over here. Congratulations.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Congratulations. You are doing an awesome, amazing thing.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I just got to read this and I have to say...wow. I teared up. It's amazing that you're doing this. When I turned 18, I changed my last name to my stepdad's who is my real dad in every way that matters (even though he's no longer married to my mother now and no longer even technically my step dad). That gave me a huge amount of respect to someone who will come into a person's life and be their dad.
                                The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                                X