Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who NEW season (contains spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode! I've been bouncy about it all day.

Although I still love Tennant as my Doctor (can I steal him, please?), Smith has definitely created his own Doctor and become a driving force.

I really loved him bouncing around at the end of the show chanting out "Doctor Who" over and over. That was great
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

After the end I kept thinking about the prophecy.

"The question that should not be answered must, the question hidden in plain sight"

Could the religious movement behind the Silence be a force for good, trying to thwart the Doctor to save him from himself?

Curse You! After all No one is the Villain in their own story....
      Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
      Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
      Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

As I said earlier, I watched the episode this morning, as well as "The Girl Who Waited." And it must have really had an effect on me. See, I got a ride home last night, so my bicycle was downtown, and since I couldn't get a ride and didn't want to spring for a cab (and was not driving since I knew I'd be drinking, it being Brewfest and all), I had a lovely hour walk across Key West this morning. And the entire time, had the music from the show going through my head. Not the theme music, or the opening credits music, but that dramatic music that comes along whenever the Doctor starts doing something brilliant.

Have it in my head right now, actually.

If I could find a loop of that I would actually put it on my iPod for when I was working out or cycling. Of course, I'd need an iPod, but that's a minor point.

Quoth gremcint View Post
        honestly can someone look at river song and realize that she is not in fact 25? I mean that's how she's being written, as though she was much younger than she actually is.
        Right, because everyone always acts their age.

Seriously, I'm 42, and am often accused of acting much younger. And to that I plead 100% absolutely guilty. I actually rather relate to River because she is having so much damn fun, and doesn't really give a crap what anyone thinks about it. (For the record, Alex Kingston is actually older than I thought she was. I just looked it up.)

So yeah, a lot of us like to live life and have fun, and will continue to do so until we are exterminated. I am pretty sure River Song is one of them, and I damn well know I am.

Quoth gremcint View Post
        And again how come he lets the daleks live or previously give them a chance to surrender but the silence who we saw kill one person only need to be completely wiped out.
        In this last episode, he wasn't exactly in a position to do anything to the Daleks, and frankly, he and the Ponds were lucky to escape with their lives...and he knew it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          And the entire time, had the music from the show going through my head. Not the theme music, or the opening credits music, but that dramatic music that comes along whenever the Doctor starts doing something brilliant.

If I could find a loop of that I would actually put it on my iPod for when I was working out or cycling. Of course, I'd need an iPod, but that's a minor point.
          "I Am The Doctor"?
          Or "The Sun's Gone Wibbly"?
          Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 09-03-2012, 05:02 AM.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

could be "next stop,anywhere"
            Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
            Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
            Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Well..hulu doesn't have Doctor Who, Netflix doesn't seem to be updating theirs..so I may not have a way to watch it. That stinks.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Definitely "I Am The Doctor." Killer track!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  Well..hulu doesn't have Doctor Who, Netflix doesn't seem to be updating theirs..so I may not have a way to watch it. That stinks.
                  Try the BBCAmerica site.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Netflix uploads the full season after the season is finished. Season 6 didn't get loaded until early this year and when we initially got Netflix back last fall, Season 5 was already on there. So not sure when they'll load this season, but it prolly won't be until next summer at least.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I will be able to see it next saturday (Yay) and the second episode of the season about the same time. My DVR is now set correctly to record it. Yay. Should catch all the new ones as they air now.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

From what I understand Hulu has tried to get the previous seasons of Doctor Who, but with Netflix getting the rights, that won't happen.

However, I have seen it on Surfthechannel.com.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

You can sometimes catch it on YouTube if you're fast enough too.

BBC or BBCA goes after them real quick.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            As I said earlier, I watched the episode this morning, as well as "The Girl Who Waited." And it must have really had an effect on me. See, I got a ride home last night, so my bicycle was downtown, and since I couldn't get a ride and didn't want to spring for a cab (and was not driving since I knew I'd be drinking, it being Brewfest and all), I had a lovely hour walk across Key West this morning. And the entire time, had the music from the show going through my head. Not the theme music, or the opening credits music, but that dramatic music that comes along whenever the Doctor starts doing something brilliant.

Right, because everyone always acts their age.

Seriously, I'm 42, and am often accused of acting much younger. And to that I plead 100% absolutely guilty. I actually rather relate to River because she is having so much damn fun, and doesn't really give a crap what anyone thinks about it. (For the record, Alex Kingston is actually older than I thought she was. I just looked it up.)

So yeah, a lot of us like to live life and have fun, and will continue to do so until we are exterminated. I am pretty sure River Song is one of them, and I damn well know I am.

In this last episode, he wasn't exactly in a position to do anything to the Daleks, and frankly, he and the Ponds were lucky to escape with their lives...and he knew it.
                            I'm just talking about the daleks in general in previous episodes he's always tried to talk them down instead of blowing them up and in fact when the other doctor killed all the daleks in the season 4 finale he was pretty pissed off. Also the Daleks have enslaved Earth before, and they were murderous maniacs before the doctor got involved.
                            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Watched it last night. I thought it was a brilliant episode, and the prequel short to the episode is fantastically creepy. I got definite hints of the Dream Lord/Valeyard from the hooded messenger.

I don't quite get the hate that people have for Moffat (apart from giving us such creepy/scary villains as the Empty Child, the Weeping Angels, and the Silence), and I know he avoided using the Daleks in the last series because he wanted to make them scary again.

Mission accomplished. Between the nanogenes turning people into Dalek Zombies, the insane Daleks in the Asylum slowly waking up and stuttering their way through "EX-TER-MI-NATE!", and their converting poor Oswin into one of them (at least in body), it creeped me out.

Quoth gremcint View Post
                              I'm just talking about the daleks in general in previous episodes he's always tried to talk them down instead of blowing them up and in fact when the other doctor killed all the daleks in the season 4 finale he was pretty pissed off. Also the Daleks have enslaved Earth before, and they were murderous maniacs before the doctor got involved.
                              Something that occurred to me after reading this. The Doctor, at least in the revived series, has been able to try to talk down the Daleks because of who he was. He was the Oncoming Storm, the Great Enemy, the Predator. He was the person who gave them nightmares.

But now they don't know who he is. He won't be able to instill that fear into them the way he used to.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                I will be able to see it next saturday (Yay) and the second episode of the season about the same time. My DVR is now set correctly to record it. Yay. Should catch all the new ones as they air now.
                                I had a bit of wackiness with my DVR. I spotted the announcement on Facebook, set my DVR to record the new season (since the "Doctor Who" entry for the previous season didn't seem to be working), confirmed that it was set to get the 3AM showing, and got up in the morning to see that it hadn't recorded. I now have my DVR set to get both those episodes next Saturday (along with the rest of the season), and I also managed to find it on Comcast's "on demand" to watch it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X