X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bald Spots on Rabbits?

So, anyone ever come upon this problem?

Our 4-month old un neutered male is in a cage by himself, inside because we had to keep an eye on him after he got the bloat. He's half silverfox, 1/4 flemish, 1/4th new zealand, so nice thick fur that stands-up if you rub him the wrong way.

I noticed the fur behind his head on the shoulderblades was baby-down fine. Now recently, it's gotten really thin until, suddenly, it's bald! Skin is soft and pink and clean, he doesn't scratch, and no other rabbit has licked him there. So it's weird. He also has another smaller patch right on the cheek by the neck. I don't know if he's molting; would be odd in the fall. He's not missing fur anywhere else. I've never picked him up by the scruff, and he hasn't gone through stress recently. I don't think I should worry since there's no mites, discharge, etc. It's just, strange. My poor little bunny has male pattern baldness!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    I don't think I should worry since there's no mites, discharge, etc. It's just, strange. My poor little bunny has male pattern baldness!
    rabbit fur loss
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Hoss had a bald spot forever after she went in to be spayed.. the rest of the fur grew back right away, but this one patch took forever! The vet said there wasn't a cause for concern, and it eventually grew back? Hope the bun's okay!

Comment

It was many, many years ago, but we had a rabbit getting bald patches, and my mom said it was because she was using her fur for nesting? That's what I seem to recall, anyways. Maybe make sure bunny has enough insulating bedding?
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X