This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow

I'm still in shock over this. A friend of mine found out that she can't have kids so she started doing foster care and recently adopted the three brothers that she had in her care. She took her kids shopping today and was told by a random woman that she should stop having children! She told her that she had adopted these three very wonderful boys and would do so again and walked away.
    I can't believe that a random stranger thinks that they have a right to say something like that.
    Last edited by tigger222; 07-19-2012, 05:37 AM.

What the hell is wrong with people? That's horrible.

Comment

That woman's probably got one spoiled and horrible child because she can't parent for toffee, so assumes that everyone else is also a useless parent and therefore shouldn't have more than one child to ruin at a time. Or hates children and doesn't want the world filled up with more of them. Some people are weird. I'm glad your friend told her off!
      I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth houdini View Post
        That woman's probably got one spoiled and horrible child because she can't parent for toffee, so assumes that everyone else is also a useless parent and therefore shouldn't have more than one child to ruin at a time. Or hates children and doesn't want the world filled up with more of them. Some people are weird. I'm glad your friend told her off!
        Or maybe they have this cookie-cutter ideal where every family has no more than two children. >.>

Either way, that's a horrible thing to say to someone regardless.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Reminds me of when my nephew was just a wee thing, 14 years ago. I'd taken him for the day, and I was 23 at the time (granted, I did look young) and some older woman came up and lectured me about being a teen mom, and why hadn't my parents taught me about abstinence?! She was kind of speechless when I told her (a little meekly, as at the time I was still frigging shyer than hell) that it was my nephew, and I was approaching 25 years old. People really shouldn't assume... or comment.

Comment

No kidding! I would never comment on other people's choices. I choose to have one child and stop there. If someone else has the generosity of spirit to give themselves up to multiple children, good for them. I just know I can't do it.

And good for your friend, she sounds wonderful and very classy!
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Good heavens, what makes it that woman's right to say that to someone? I have three that are mine by birth, and heaven help the stranger who tells me I should stop. Assumptions aside, that's no one's decision but the parent's.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Around here people would be asking when she would be having her next kid. Then again this place is known for large families.

Comment

That's just fucked up. And while I have commented on people's number of children, it is always as a joke. Specifically if they have three children, I will tell them, "My mom had three kids. She said it was four too many."

Always gets a laugh. My mom's a keeper!

And anyone with three kids is going to get that joke. Kids ARE a handful, and three kids, especially when they are grouped closely in age, as my sisters and I are, well, that's just all the more fun.

Also, a family that comes in regularly to the restaurant I used to do magic at keeps having kids. I think at the moment this couple is up to six kids. When they were at four and pregnant, I made the joke that "You should get a hobby. Wait, nevermind...you have one." To which the woman deadpanned, "Well, we don't have tv."

Jokes are one thing. But I would never think to LECTURE someone on it. That's just all kinds of fucked up.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Considering how much red tape you have to go through to adopt these days, the fact that your friend was able to adopt THREE children says a lot about her. Granted yes, these days siblings are more apt to be placed together vs being separated, but still... that still says good things about your friend.

I wonder if that old harpy would have passed the test as well as your friend did.

Comment

There's a couple at my church with 5 kids...1 biological child and 4 adopted children (all adopted at separate times, and the biological child's the youngest!). They're amazing.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth PawnPrincess Ardra View Post
                        People really shouldn't assume... or comment.
                        Agreed. Minding your own business keeps you out of trouble.

And we all know what happens when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME!

tigger222, your friend sounds like a wonderful and caring person. I hope she and the kids are very happy together, and the jerks don't get her down.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My Mom tells a story of when she was pregnant with my brother, her older sister went of the deep end because that was Mom's 3rd child, and Mom was screwing up the population growth crap...and then my aunt went on to have a child of her own 7ish years later.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Wow. That ... person should be thankful they walked away with their jaw intact. What business is it of hers how many kids a total stranger has??

Comment

Working...
                            X