Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmhmm...You can keep that thing, really. I'm just fine with the plain old every day barn spiders around here, even if they do get big sometimes. My usual course of action upon seeing a spider is usually something along the lines of 1) scream 2) grab nearest thing I can that will work as a bug killer 3) swat furiously at spider, scream some more, make sure the damn thing dies.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
      Mmhmm...You can keep that thing, really. I'm just fine with the plain old every day barn spiders around here, even if they do get big sometimes. My usual course of action upon seeing a spider is usually something along the lines of 1) scream 2) grab nearest thing I can that will work as a bug killer 3) swat furiously at spider, scream some more, make sure the damn thing dies.

that's mine too.

Ya...that thing little? What kind of spiders are you dealing with over there?? :eek

Comment

So, after jars/flames/nukes were deployed, the fear is gone?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thoughts still waiting, the corpse is warm? haha

Hey the other day there was a spider the size of a nickel (across) in the kitchen sink. I just caught him with a glass, he crawled in. I took him to the door and tossed him out. IMO spiders are OK, because they catch other bugs and eat them. I'd rather have a spider web than 10239849134912384791238479 mosquitoes. Or fleas.
          I will kill a flea with fire or other large object; but the larger the insect the happier I am, strange innit.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Figured this would fit in (linked it rather than direct posted it since the picture is fairly big, plus dunno how our resident arachnophobics would like it, despite how memetastic it is. Chances are fireheart has already seen this one before though =p)

http://www.lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/..._australia.jpg
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
              Figured this would fit in (linked it rather than direct posted it since the picture is fairly big, plus dunno how our resident arachnophobics would like it, despite how memetastic it is. Chances are fireheart has already seen this one before though =p)

http://www.lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/..._australia.jpg
              It was only a matter of time until Clock Spider made an appearance.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                It was only a matter of time until Clock Spider made an appearance.

^-.-^
                Yep. The good ol' Huntsman spider. I'm not arachnophobic, but those things would keep me from living in Australia/NZ/Japan, etc. And it's not the size that would get me (ok, not JUST the size). The fact that they can get through a small opening would freak me out. I read an anecdote online somewhere that the writer watched one squeeze between the panes of his closed windows!
                Whether it's true or not I have no idea, but there's a lot of people saying they've found them in their cars. Thanks, but no thanks.
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Considering how small their bodies are in relation to their legs, it wouldn't surprise me in the least that they can crawl through tiny spaces.

They're pretty timid, though, so people shouldn't have any reason to fear them.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                  X