This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this crappy week be over?

Most of the suck came at the end of the week. I am so done with this crap.

Thursday night a friend and co-worker was in a bicycle accident. He had to stop quick when a car cut him off and went over the handlebars. Broken rib and clavicle, and serious soft tissue damage in the shoulder and wrist. Bike needs probably about $1k in repairs (triathlon bike- $1000 in repairs is cheap) and his cell phone was shattered.

Also Thursday night, my friend's mom lost her 3 year fight with brain cancer. Everyone knew it was coming, since she's been in and out of hospice care for most of the last two or three years, but it's still a blow.

Now, to top off the week, another friend lost her dad this afternoon. This one was sudden, and her mother has late stage Alzheimer's and isn't likely to make it much longer either.

I know none of these tragedies are hitting myself or my family, but I care about my friends, and this is just too much at once. I need a break.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Sounds like the last couple of months for me. *hugs*
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

sorry to hear about all that! As for the bike accident, did they not catch the driver who cut them off? can't insurance do anything?
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
        sorry to hear about all that! As for the bike accident, did they not catch the driver who cut them off? can't insurance do anything?
        Oh, the driver stopped, so I'll give them that much. My friend didn't actually hit the other car, so as far as the police are concerned, it was a 'no fault' accident. I don't believe the driver was cited for anything, so it's all on my friend's insurance. Medical obviously for the injuries, and hopefully homeowners for the bike/phone.

He's spent a good bit of today in surgery for the right wrist. The comment that he made to my boss by phone was that the radiologist stopped counting the fractures in his right wrist when they hit 6. I won't tell you where the ends of his radius/ulna were...
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
        X